💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do you think Katy was chosen over Rihanna and Gaga for Superbowl

Squidward T

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Katy's had a very big and successful year. She was an obvious candidate.

Rihanna has done nothing and Gaga underperformed. I don't know why either of them would've been considered for this year's halftime show.

RAMROD

Was Gaga ever really an option for the next Super Bowl? :huh:

With her edgy image? I don't think she was tbh.

Half time will have to upgrade their standards

before they can allow risky artists like Gaga to perform.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Levine

SHE.PAID.

P-A-I-D for it. 

I'm gonna tell you that in italian too, maybe it's more clear: LEI HA PAGATO! 

Whispering

The NFL is under fire for their handling of players who are guilty of domestic violence and of child abuse. Due to the NFL's current predicament, they wanted an extremely safe, PG rated, female performer for their halftime show this year.

That pretty much narrows it down to Katy, Taylor and all the Disney type girls. The only other option would have been a female country star...and she is pregnant. :)

RAMROD

SHE.PAID.

P-A-I-D for it. 

I'm gonna tell you that in italian too, maybe it's more clear: LEI HA PAGATO! 

Gurrrl, you seem eager :ghostga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Because its lip synced most of the time, performing ability isnt really an issue. I think its just because Katy has the most consistent hits in the US, so she was an obvious choice :)

They had a Gaga-like older female in 2012 and a black diva in 2013.

Going with a a radio friendly act that appeals to young white girls changes things up more.

Have Gaga later when she's closer to a career peak or comeback.

Save Rihanna for a year when domestic violence isn't an issue. 

She is successful, safe, family-friendly, relatable

But the real questions is why Katy Perry or another pop girl? I don't think football fans want any of pop artists. I agree with Wendy that they would prefer Rolling Stones, or even more so some huge country singer (this is Murica). Imagine who a typical fan of football is. I imagine a conservative couple in their 40's-50's. 

They don't want none of those pop girls.

She's safe and popular

She's very PG and safe

Katy-Perry-ft-Snoop-Dogg-California-Gurl

California-Gurls-Music-Video-Katy-Perry-

wow, so pg and safe. Actually the more I research the more I realize that she is more pg and more safe than any of the artist out these days :madge:

Don't visit my profile

She is successful, safe, family-friendly, relatable

But the real questions is why Katy Perry or another pop girl? I don't think football fans want any of pop artists. I agree with Wendy that they would prefer Rolling Stones, or even more so some huge country singer (this is Murica). Imagine who a typical fan of football is. I imagine a conservative couple in their 40's-50's.

They don't want none of those pop girls.

Foot ball fans watch the super bowl to watch the game. The half time show is there to attract viewers that would otherwise never watch football. What better way attract girls and gay men who never care for sports? It's all about money and ratings.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Foot ball fans watch the super bowl to watch the game. The half time show is there to attract viewers that would otherwise never watch football. What better way attract female and gay men who never care for sports? It's all about money and ratings.

Hm..true! I didn't care for Superbowl until I found out it had a half-time show with some huge musician, and I watched it!

Archived