Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Azealia Banks Collaborator, Ariel Pink, asked to work with Madonna

inuborg

Featured Posts

Why is she making an electronic album in to be released in 2015?

because it's her career and she can do what she pleases, like any other artist with control

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

No, it means she's collaborating with artists/songwriters/producers much like anybody else in the industry :) but try again later and you may succeed! x

Still looking forward for ha Umbrella tbh :dope:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Paper Planes

Yeah, and?

A lot of artists do that, MIA comes to mind. Their talent is collecting the talents of others and presenting their work in a piece that is easy for people to digest. Which is a skill. Jeff Koons didn't actually make Gaga's album cover, his team did, but he is credited because he was the man behind the worker bees. Madonna is the museum curator and mummy all in one. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I think it's great that she would outsource her lyrics. It can't be worse then her regurgitating Cyndi Lauper lyrics again.

How about you not try and come for one of the few artists that actually thinks for herself :rip:

delete it fat

How about you not try and come for one of the few artists that actually thinks for herself :rip:

Come for her? I like MIA, and I'm learning to enjoy Madonna. My post wasn't negative at all, I was defending their processes. MIA isn't a gifted musician, vocalist, songwriter, or visual artist…her talent is curating the skills of other artists. Which is something I would like to see Gaga do a little more of.

Paper Planes

Come for her? I like MIA, and I'm learning to enjoy Madonna. My post wasn't negative at all, I was defending their processes. MIA isn't a gifted musician, vocalist, songwriter, or visual artist…her talent is curating the skills of other artists. Which is something I would like to see Gaga do a little more of.

You've sort of lost me here. Yes, she works with external songwriters, but she also has writing credits on most, if not all, of her tracks, and if she wasn't a talented vocalist, she wouldn't be the one doing the vocalizing on her tracks. :rip: I get what you're trying to say about having a large team underneath of her, but that could be said about most big-name artists so I don't know why you would single out Madonna and M.I.A. specifically. But you're in no position to claim any artist is talent-less in all of these areas if you've never been in their elite industry teams.

delete it fat

Ray of Light

He's saying it's been a downward spiral since Ray of Light, post-ROL. No lies. Madonnas best work can be in Like a Prayer through Ray of Light

He's saying it's been a downward spiral since Ray of Light, post-ROL. No lies. Madonnas best work can be in Like a Prayer through Ray of Light

Isn't he saying it's a downward slide since Madonna circa '83?

Either way, it's an idiotic thing to say about one of your collaborators.

P.S. Erotica - Music, then COADF were flawless.

Ray of Light

Isn't he saying it's a downward slide since Madonna circa '83?

Either way, it's an idiotic thing to say about one of your collaborators.

P.S. Erotica - Music, then COADF were flawless.

Oh my..... I... just.. I... just... I didn't think such stupidity was possible. 

You've sort of lost me here. Yes, she works with external songwriters, but she also has writing credits on most, if not all, of her tracks, and if she wasn't a talented vocalist, she wouldn't be the one doing the vocalizing on her tracks. :rip: I get what you're trying to say about having a large team underneath of her, but that could be said about most big-name artists so I don't know why you would single out Madonna and M.I.A. specifically. But you're in no position to claim any artist is talent-less in all of these areas if you've never been in their elite industry teams.

Yeah, you are lost.

I "single out" Madonna because this is a thread about Madonna using another artist to write her lyrics. I used MIA as an example to defend Madonna because MIA has more artistic credibility. I enjoy both of their work and was just commenting on their creative process. 

DrewStevens

Yeah, and?

A lot of artists do that, MIA comes to mind. Their talent is collecting the talents of others and presenting their work in a piece that is easy for people to digest. Which is a skill. Jeff Koons didn't actually make Gaga's album cover, his team did, but he is credited because he was the man behind the worker bees. Madonna is the museum curator and mummy all in one. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I think it's great that she would outsource her lyrics. It can't be worse then her regurgitating Cyndi Lauper lyrics again.

Did I say it was wrong? I only said that she is well known by putting her name as songwriter in songs she doesn't write. 

And it's not the same with Jeff Koons. Koons is the designer of the ARTPOP cover, he designed the album cover. Madonna is not the writter of some of her songs but she still appears as a writer. Koons uses his artistic talent, Madonna uses her business skills. 

That guy looks like a child predator. o-o Fearing for the safety of Medoner's kids.

:toofunny: and Perez Hilton
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Did I say it was wrong? I only said that she is well known by putting her name as songwriter in songs she doesn't write. 

And it's not the same with Jeff Koons. Koons is the designer of the ARTPOP cover, he designed the album cover. Madonna is not the writter of some of her songs but she still appears as a writer. Koons uses his artistic talent, Madonna uses her business skills. 

Ottmann: How far are you involved in the actual production of your work?

Koons: I’m basically the idea person. I’m not physically involved in the production. I don’t have the necessary abilities...

Koon's and Madonna are both the creative forces behind a collection of talented individuals. In my opinion it is no more offensive for Madonna to take the credit for her albums then it is for Koons to take credit for his exhibitions. They are the puppeteers. 

exoskeleton123

Yeah, and?

Wait Koons himself didn't actually help at all? It was his team? source? this is very interesting, i always thought it was the work of him solely 

Archived