đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

One year later: Was it a good idea to cancel DWUW?

SIRE

64 members have voted

1. 1. DWUW canceling a good idea?

• yes she dodged a bullet
    • excuse me no

Featured Posts

Pain of fame1

No. The controversy would have been more promo than ever. We are in the era of smash hit YouTube controversy vids (Wrecking Ball, Anaconda). It's exactly what the album needed. The video would have pushed the single to the top 10 on Billboard. The album would have retained momentum. 

THIS X1000.  

If the DWUW video would have been released it would have been a bigger hit than APPLAUSE. I mean DWUW was trendy and the GP loved it. Even BILLBOARD said it was the BR of ARTPOP. And the album would have sold more. I mean it already broke records without the video: Song with more #1 in the history of iTUNES, fastest selling single of itunes in the us: 100k in 8h..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its actually mixed. The single will sell a lot but the following single will be affected greatly. If the video backlash is harsh like Wrecking Ball, the following single would be affected and wouldnt sell.

RichAssPiss

Its actually mixed. The single will sell a lot but the following single will be affected greatly. If the video backlash is harsh like Wrecking Ball, the following single would be affected and wouldnt sell.

I do not follow this logic. How was the Wrecking Ball backlash harsh? The video broke records and helped make it a smash hit.

I do not follow this logic. How was the Wrecking Ball backlash harsh? The video broke records and helped make it a smash hit.

People hate her even more after WB and the following single got overshadowed by WB

Commercially, the video would have helped the song's sales/charting position immensely. But I'm glad she kept her integrity but acknowledging it was too much and not releasing it.

Whispering

Eh...no one can say for sure either way. Gaga wasn't in a good state of mind at that time, so I'm happy that people who cared for her stepped in and that she took some time and regrouped. She ended up coming back as a much happier and centered individual and that made for a great tour and another #1 album!

I'm happy with the way things turned out! We have a happy, whole Gaga now vs. a deeply depressed, broken Gaga.

yes- but she should have never released it at all...terrible song done with a character Gaga should never have had anything to do with

Archived