Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga seriously needs to cut down the playback

Dodo

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

I was at the artRAVE yesterday, and I can confirm that the backing tracks sound much louder on videos than they actually are. The truth is: When she stopped singing, the backing track was almost inaudible. Also, she's been singing a lower pitched version of Paparazzi for a long time now during the artRAVE, which makes her voice shine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zy2tjt_N4

Also: She HAS to rest her voice during some parts, or else she wouldn't get through a world tour without damaging her voice. She can't give 100% every night vocally.

its not even that she doesnt give 100% vocally cuz she really does, but its a matter of choosing ur battles. why would she belt high c's in paparazzi and strain her voice when she has to belt notes for aura edge of glory and judas five minutes later ya know? 

i saw her in san diego and aside from her older songs, and the fact that she was recovering from bronchitis, her vocals where pretty audible and on point. 

Miranda Sings

its not even that she doesnt give 100% vocally cuz she really does, but its a matter of choosing ur battles. why would she belt high c's in paparazzi and strain her voice when she has to belt notes for aura edge of glory and judas five minutes later ya know? 

i saw her in san diego and aside from her older songs, and the fact that she was recovering from bronchitis, her vocals where pretty audible and on point. 

This is a great point. I really don't think people take the physical aspects of singing into account. You simply can't belt every note each night for months and not cause damage. She's being smart about it. She's a professional, she knows how to not destroy her voice.

It's way different live. 

Go listen to the soundboard from Tokyo - then you'll get an idea of how the mix is. What you hear in that recording is exactly what plays out of the speakers, whereas with the Detroit, Boston, etc. bootlegs (and all videos), it's a recording of what comes out of the speaker. It distorts the sound all into 1 channel and gives an inaccurate render of the actual live show. 

CherryBoom

people are saying you can clearly hear her when you're there so idk

That's absolutely true. It's different when you hear it live. She sings the whole song

Don't forget me when I come crying to heaven's door...

itsdominik

I was at the artRAVE in Prague and you could hear her very clearly! Of course you hear the backing vocals during the chorus if she stops singing, but she definitely shows her vocal talent at the show!

geopang

Even tho I enjoyed the artRAVE, I thought the sound system was pretty horrendous

Whoever was working on her audio needs to go.

MrFameKills

This is a great point. I really don't think people take the physical aspects of singing into account. You simply can't belt every note each night for months and not cause damage. She's being smart about it. She's a professional, she knows how to not destroy her voice.

um ya rite

miranda can

photo-16754.jpg?_r=1412186869

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

Miranda Sings

um ya rite

miranda can

photo-16754.jpg?_r=1412186869

well not everyone is as perfet and talent as me so

liberacorpus

I was at the artRAVE yesterday, and I can confirm that the backing tracks sound much louder on videos than they actually are. The truth is: When she stopped singing, the backing track was almost inaudible. Also, she's been singing a lower pitched version of Paparazzi for a long time now during the artRAVE, which makes her voice shine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zy2tjt_N4

Also: She HAS to rest her voice during some parts, or else she wouldn't get through a world tour without damaging her voice. She can't give 100% every night vocally.

OK BUY HOW FLAWLESS IS THIS

Why are we worrying about her playbacking when she's slayed every recent Jazz performance she's sang live. There's no point in challenging her abilities, we know she can sing and she doesn't have to prove it. This tour isn't even about the vocals, and she moves around so much more than she did during TMB, the stage is bigger, the venues are bigger. It's more work and she has more songs to perform, it's a different situation.

I have to agree. I went to the artRAVE in Cologne and during the first part of the show she used a lot of back track or however it is called. It was the first thing I noticed. When she sang Paparazzi for example, or of course on the piano, her voice was great as usual and it's wonderful to listen to her and she made me dance like crazy. But during a lot of songs she didn't really sing the chorus, it's true.

I always have earplugs on concerts and when you wear them you kinda hear way better if the voice is life or playback

Kermit the frog

people are saying you can clearly hear her when you're there so idk 

That is not true, especially with paparazzi.

Interlude

It all started at the iTunes Festival  :noparty:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Archived