💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga seriously needs to cut down the playback

Dodo

Featured Posts

Sugarfall

I wasn't bothered by it on my date :shrug: sure it was loud but I could clearly hear her live vocals

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim Kardashian

I can confirm that you can barely hear the backing vocals when you're actually there.

IMO people shouldn't judge from youtube videos because each camera captures the sound differently and nothing can give you the same feeling/sound quality as being in the concert.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

I went to two artRaves and the OP is definetly right. Of course, she's signing live and you can definitely hear her (most of the time), but the backing track is just way too loud during the chorus of Paparazzi.

It's a shame, considering that during the Monster Ball, you couldn't even hear any backing anything. Her voice used to be so powerful for that song when it was sung live and the it was even sung at the right pitch. At artRave, the pitch is lowered, so there's no real excuse for the heightened use of backing track if it's already been made easier to sing. And in this video, she sings the entire melody of the chorus. Not a mix of the melody and harmony like she always does. She even sung BOTH high notes, which she rarely does (promise I'll be kind/till that boy is mine).

I can't embed videos cause I'm on my phone, but yeah. Watch it. It's incredible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYCWSLKP-Y

To make things clear, I'm absolutely not doubting her vocal abilities. I hail her as one of the most talented vocalists of our time. It's just a shame that Paparazzi (one of my favorite Gaga songs) has gotten so butchered live, especially when compared to past performances.

Her vocals were on point and very energetic in that video you posted! I wish she could do that more often in Paparazzi performances!

high heeled fem

mess at MB 1.0 RXQzeOQ.gif loved that outfit but thank **** she got that cheque written to make MB 2.0 the SHICD is so ****ing **** on MB 1.0 this as well 

Schwerk

I always wear earplugs and it makes the voice stand out a lot more for some reason so it didnt bother me as much as at the btw ball.

Do wish for backing vocalists.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

nikola

I always wear earplugs and it makes the voice stand out a lot more for some reason so it didnt bother me as much as at the btw ball.

Do wish for backing vocalists.

I would love if she had back up singer,it sounds so much better than with playback

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Miranda Sings

Her voice stands out a lot more in the video you posted because she's not singing the melody. She's singing a harmony, so it stands out because of the contrast. In the artRave video, she's only singing the melody, so her voice can get a bit lost in the track in some videos. As many have said, you can hear her loud and clear when you're actually there.

Her voice stands out a lot more in the video you posted because she's not singing the melody. She's singing a harmony, so it stands out because of the contrast. In the artRave video, she's only singing the melody, so her voice can get a bit lost in the track in some videos. As many have said, you can hear her loud and clear when you're actually there.

That means nothing. She's more than capable of singing the melody loudly. In the Monster Ball 2.0 video I posted above, she's singing only the melody and you can hear her loud and clear.

The weird thing about artRave is that her voice is definitely louder in person than what's heard on the videos. But still. When compared to what cameras picked up at the Monster Ball, hmmmm.

Ok stop. I was at the artRAVE last night and her vocals have been on point and the back up vocals were not as loud as everyones keep saying!!!

Try going to the actual show rather than nitpicking from a YouTube video probably shot with an iphone.

She sounded fine to me in LA. And where is this even coming from? Gags has nothing to prove. She can sing live. If she wants to use backtrack to make up for those artificial pop sounds she's been calling out during the C2C era, she will. She doesn't have to do anything. If this lowers your respect for her then so be it. Gaga is the professional who's been doing this for 6 years. You are just a boy with Internet. That sounds a little harsh, but come on.

heavymlover

Well, she clearly gets tired. It's quite difficult to sustain high notes and dance for two hours every night. Even during her Monster Ball days she had to shorten songs to make the show less tiring. Plus, she had backing singers back then.

Elizabeth

:toofunny: it doesn't even matter, the instrumental takes the whole performance

During the monster ball, the volume of her voice was above the instrumental.

& with the artRAVE it's reversed :wtf:

She had backing singers at MB though so it was a different dynamic.

She had backing singers at MB though so it was a different dynamic.

Well, she used a backing track throughout most of The Fame Ball (the entire TF era actually) and most of her huge awards show performances use them as well, yet you can still hear here loud and clear.

In fact back during The Fame era when she always used backing track, that was actually the loudest her voice has ever sounded in comparison to the track.

FameHookah

I went to two artRaves and the OP is definetly right. Of course, she's signing live and you can definitely hear her (most of the time), but the backing track is just way too loud during the chorus of Paparazzi.

It's a shame, considering that during the Monster Ball, you couldn't even hear any backing anything. Her voice used to be so powerful for that song when it was sung live and the it was even sung at the right pitch. At artRave, the pitch is lowered, so there's no real excuse for the heightened use of backing track if it's already been made easier to sing. And in this video, she sings the entire melody of the chorus. Not a mix of the melody and harmony like she always does. She even sung BOTH high notes, which she rarely does (promise I'll be kind/till that boy is mine).

Watch it. It's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYCWSLKP-Y

To make things clear, I'm absolutely not doubting her vocal abilities. I hail her as one of the most talented vocalists of our time. It's just a shame that Paparazzi (one of my favorite Gaga songs) has gotten so butchered live, especially when compared to past performances.

she butchered all of the fame songs since the btw ball.... Maybe she is bored of them.
WTF is MDNA

FameHookah

Well, she used a backing track throughout most of The Fame Ball (the entire TF era actually) and most of her huge awards show performances use them as well, yet you can still hear here loud and clear.

In fact back during The Fame era when she always used backing track, that was actually the loudest her voice has ever sounded in comparison to the track.

Yeah her voice back in 2008-2009 was so thick and loud

http://youtu.be/XeqKGozexgk

WTF is MDNA

Archived