💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga seriously needs to cut down the playback

Dodo

Featured Posts

This. Pls stop these pointless discussions. I saw her couple of days ago and she sang absolutely fantastic.

although it's true that the backtrack is at some moments really too loud, sometimes it was hard to hear her even though it was obvious she was singing :smh: wish they did something with the sound system tbh

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Torsoface

Even Katy has less backings than Gags these days :manicure: She hasn't sang Paparazzi properly since TMB. It's weird tho. She's amazing singer but she seems to prefer playback. In that paparazzi video in the OP, you can't hear her singin the chorus at all.

That's a fact and there's no need to reply "omg u so deaf gtfo" :madge:

I had no problem hearing her in artRAVE in Buffalo, NY.  My 20 minute video of it is here.  The last song is Gypsy while she plays piano, but I could hear her fine in all the songs.  The sound in this video is from the tiny mic built into my video camera, and I did not edit or modify the sound at all:

http://vimeo.com/100648495

I live outside the space time continuum.

Says the person who actually hasn't been to artRAVE, I really don't see how one could judge a tour without actually attending, she sings live at least 90% of the time at artRAVE :awkney:

TraeumereiLPB

I was at the artRAVE yesterday, and I can confirm that the backing tracks sound much louder on videos than they actually are. The truth is: When she stopped singing, the backing track was almost inaudible. Also, she's been singing a lower pitched version of Paparazzi for a long time now during the artRAVE, which makes her voice shine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zy2tjt_N4

Also: She HAS to rest her voice during some parts, or else she wouldn't get through a world tour without damaging her voice. She can't give 100% every night vocally.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Jesse Pinkman

Yeah you can definitely hear her louder in person. I'm not sure why recordings pick up on the backtrack vocals so much. :huh:

It's science, bitch

Lassex

I agree with you - I'd love to see (and hear  :hehe: ) her focus on the vocals a bit more on this tour. I didn't realize she started singing ARTPOP at my artRAVE. Maybe it had something to do with my ear plugs too, but her vocals are a bit too quiet :shrug: But it's also true that you can hear her voice over the backing vocals when you're in the concert.

Pain of fame1

You can. Anyone who went to artRAVE knows that. 

THIS. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED

I went to two artRaves and the OP is definetly right. Of course, she's signing live and you can definitely hear her (most of the time), but the backing track is just way too loud during the chorus of Paparazzi.

It's a shame, considering that during the Monster Ball, you couldn't even hear any backing anything. Her voice used to be so powerful for that song when it was sung live and the it was even sung at the right pitch. At artRave, the pitch is lowered, so there's no real excuse for the heightened use of backing track if it's already been made easier to sing. And in this video, she sings the entire melody of the chorus. Not a mix of the melody and harmony like she always does. She even sung BOTH high notes, which she rarely does (promise I'll be kind/till that boy is mine).

Watch it. It's incredible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYCWSLKP-Y

To make things clear, I'm absolutely not doubting her vocal abilities. I hail her as one of the most talented vocalists of our time. It's just a shame that Paparazzi (one of my favorite Gaga songs) has gotten so butchered live, especially when compared to past performances.

It has been already said, but you can hear her better in person. Actually, when I watched the videos I took I couldn't hear her that well.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

MonsterMum

Even Katy has less backings than Gags these days :manicure: She hasn't sang Paparazzi properly since TMB. It's weird tho. She's amazing singer but she seems to prefer playback. In that paparazzi video in the OP, you can't hear her singin the chorus at all.

That's a fact and there's no need to reply "omg u so deaf gtfo" :madge:

Katy has back up singers that will keep singing and top the higher notes that she won't sing cause she can't reach them.

I dunno if you seen the ArtRave but you can hear her. 

The Child

She should use back up singers like here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeu2tI-tqvs&list=UU07Kxew-cMIaykMOkzqHtBQ

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived