Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna's Bedtime Stories turns 20 years old!

Computer

Featured Posts

Such an underrated album! So many good songs: Secret, Take A Bow, Bedtime Story, Human Nature...

Gaga's Ray of Light is coming :coffee:

Gaga- ha frozen :lolgaga:

:giveup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

1.- lol no Katy had ROAR and Dark Horse, Miley had Unconditionally Beyonce didn't have hits but it had album sales and IMPACT, and It doesn't matter if the song was number one in a zillion of countries if the total sales were small, britney jean was also number 1 in many countries and it flopped

ibmEFRnzbqIV9f.gif

2.- are you serious? lol plus that thread was not bad, they were talking about impact more than who was copying who, lol

oprah-stare-gif.gif

:Madge:

Psychedelic

Bedtime stories unlike ARTPOP actually saved and cleaned madonna's career and image :yes:

her image was really damaged after the erotica era, but with bedtime stories she kinda got people back at her awith ray of light she was on the top of the world again :giveup:

meanwhile ARTPOP did the oppositive to gaga's career and image :smh:

THIS, besides it spawned 2 massive hits, multiple awards and sales of over 6 millions.

ARTPOP was more like her Erotica, so to speak, her Bedtime Stories is yet to come as CTC is not a Gaga solo album. CTC might be her 'I'm Breathless'.

Also for making one of the most expensive music videos for a flop album :megaflop:

G.U.Y. though

LaLuna

Oh man, I remember I got it as a gift for my 13th birthday, on cassette no less... I'm so old  :smh:

But yeah, it's a great album. Secret, Bedtime Story and Sanctuary are some of Madonna's best songs IMO. 

TimisaMonster

G.U.Y. though

I know... Hence the joke in the OP refering to the ARTPOP era :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

But Ray of light came after Madonna had a baby and she was really into spiritiuality and kabalah, there were also some sad events going on at the time (deaths of Diana, and her friend Gianni Versace).

Well, I mean it's obviously not going to be exactly the same as the circumstances surrounding Ray of Light, but Gaga's current circumstances could lead her to write an album that could be a massive success critically and commercially in the same way. I think she's in a really great place right now where it's possible.

Gaga is a great artist but I do 't think she has the maturity to write and album like Ray of Light or even Bedtime Stories. Madonna was 40 when it came out. Gaga is still a child (it's weird saying that because I'm younger than her but it is true). But she definetly has the potential.

And Bedtime Stories is just not a good comparison to ARTPOP. At all. Bedtime Stories was able to fix some of Madonna's image, and led to Evita = Ray of Light. And not even mentioning Take a Bow, Hot 100 #1 for 7 weeks :legend:

Exactly.

And we don't forget this amazing video, one of the best of Madonna ever :legend:

tumblr_mrk0wgpEwN1qaa3xao5_250.gif

http://youtu.be/CSaFgAwnRSc

Archived