Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna's Bedtime Stories turns 20 years old!

Computer

Featured Posts

It was actually BTW :coffee:  and the Express yourself mess didn't help

yeah but the Born this way wasn't a big failure like ARTPOP

the album sold 6 million copies worlwide, the tour grossed 180 million and she earned lots of awards that era and was actually praised by the media, she had a chance to come back with ARTPOP but she ****ed it up and the media literally destroyed her for that

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

CTC  :troll:

applause charted well  :xtina:

Good thing C2C isn't a studio album and doesn't count for flops.  :legend:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Computer

Did you forget American Life?

I could never.

thumb_2004%20Love%20Profusion8.gif

Not my fave Love Profusion being associated with the term "flop"

MusicVideoQuiz4.gif

xoxo cupcakke

I don't consider Bedtime Stories her ARTPOP. It wasn't supposed to be a comeback album but more so a pullback album. By refraining from being as eccentric and controversial as she was with Erotica, she was doing the exact opposite with Bedtime Stories.

To me, Bedtime Stories is Madonna's Cheek to Cheek. She made it in a time in her career which saw almost everyone pitted against her, even her fans. Yet Bedtime Stories was successful in that it gave Madonna her longest charting number-one single, Take a Bow. It also so the most expensive music video at the time with Bedtime Story, a song created by Icelandic Goddess and Norn, Björk along with others, which saw a change of pace for Madonna and the entire album. Bedtime Story was one of the causes of her transition to the maturity in the epic album, Ray of Light.

But I see the similarities too. Lower than expected sales, songs and a video that attacks the entertainment industry, an end and a beginning for the future yet I see more differences as well and so I like to think Bedtime Stories is aki to Cheek to Cheek. Both are awesome albums and it's one of the reasons I like 90s Madonna so much.

I should add that this is just my opinion so don't hate, appreciate, then debate  :classy:

JusticeforVenus

Good thing C2C isn't a studio album and doesn't count for flops.   :legend:

C2C is a studio aalbum... they recorded on a studio... :madge:  I dont think they recorded on the street....  :evil:

JEWRJEWR

don't be delusional, ARTPOP did damage gaga's career and image and credibility, the media was against her during the ARTPOP era,

What I wanted to say is that it wasnt the worst thing that happened 2 ARTPOP.  :fail:

I believe that being ignored is even WORSE than being misunderstood. Just saying...  :ohwell:

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Computer

Did you forget American Life?

And Bedtime Stories is just not a good comparison to ARTPOP. At all. Bedtime Stories was able to fix some of Madonna's image, and led to Evita = Ray of Light. And not even mentioning Take a Bow, Hot 100 #1 for 7 weeks :legend:

I agree with you.  I think my edit to the thread title addresses this.

thumb_2004%20Love%20Profusion8.gif

JustPokeHerFace

So here's what I'm getting from the Parallels

The Fame & The Fame Monster - Madonna, Like a Virgin, and True Blue (Massive Success)

Born This Way - Like a Prayer (Successful but controversial)

ARTPOP - Erotica (Backlash and lower sales than previous works)

Cheek to Cheek - Bedtime Stories (Damage control)

This rock album Gaga's been thinking about - Ray of Light (one can pray)

What I wanted to say is that it wasnt the worst thing that happened 2 ARTPOP.  :fail:

I believe that being ignored is even WORSE than being misunderstood. Just saying...  :ohwell:

lol yeah gaga's image and career could be better right now :megaflop:

but no ARTPOP was ignored by the awards and dissed by the media :miley:

JEWRJEWR

lol yeah gaga's image and career could be better right now :megaflop:

but no ARTPOP was ignored by the awards and dissed by the media :miley:

not only ARTPOP but herself

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Computer

The Fame & The Fame Monster - Madonna, Like a Virgin, and True Blue (Massive Success)

This is genius :legend:

That is exactly what I am getting from the rock album too.  The discussion of more organic sounds, all the Sam Smith name dropping.  It's back to the drawing board in a very creative way.  That's just how the Ray of Light William Orbit sessions were described when Madonna was completely reinventing her sound.

Dunk96

One year ago next month, Lady Gaga released her fourth studio album, ARTPOP, a classic that came out at a strange crossroads in her career.

While Gaga certainly didn't lack for fame in 2013, the button-pushing Born This Way album album had soured many critics and fans. For the first time in half a decade of superstardom, people weren't shocked by her antics anymore -- even worse, they often seemed exhausted by her.

Artistically speaking, she'd spent the last five years challenging and subverting America's views on art and fame. But after releasing an entire album called ARTPOP featuring endless countdown apps and reverse-Warholian inspired Koons covers, there didn't seem to be anywhere else to go in that realm.

Jesus where are the lies though?

yes please :emo:

ps: I hate the madonna comparisons but they always happen :toofunny:

not only ARTPOP but herself

ummm yes duh

what are we arguing exactly?

basically we both agree with this :spin:

Archived