💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Forbes Praises Gaga!

HausOfRahul

Featured Posts

HausOfRahul

Hi Everybody! (this is my very first starter post so don't be too harsh...)

Forbes recently published an article praising Gaga and Tony from both a musical and business perspective, and they also put down Barbara Streisand's decision to make the Partners album.

Has anybody noticed the last two record albums atop the charts? Barbra Streisand’s “Partners†(with a bevy of big name musical partners) and Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga’s “Cheek to Cheekâ€!  Duets with huge stars and iconic songs (the music industry’s version of strategic joint ventures) have been big business for a long time, and as such, these two albums certainly have a lot in common beyond their big selling status.  But the differences in approach are pretty quickly evident below the surface.

I actually might be a rare middle-aged male fan of both Barbra Streisand and Lady Gaga.  Of course, I’m also a fan of Tony Bennett, Jonathan Schwartz, and the Great American Songbook, which puts me at a more predicable setting on the continuum of clichéd musical political correctness (I’m sure Nate Silver has developed some way of quantifying this). That being said, on the subjective aesthetics here, I think the Bennett-Gaga pairing (do I call her Ms. Gaga?) is a sublime musical partnership, while Barbra’s (OK, Ms. Streisand’s) is a huge disappointment (at least creatively – it’s hard to argue with the early sales success). And it is in this subjective divergence that the albums suggest very different approaches to meritorious merger making – not only in music, but in the broader media business and beyond.

Here's the link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/howardhomonoff/2014/10/06/merger-lessons-from-barbra-streisand-tony-bennett-and-lady-gaga/

Thoughts?

Computer

I love it when they make articles comparing Gaga's decisions/branding/marketing/fanbase to the business world :giggle: :legend:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Shadow

Music, not the bling. But the bling worships Tony and Gaga apparently. :giggle:

They shaded her before and now they're licking her chops.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

RainingOnMe

They shaded her before and now they're licking her chops.

She was their person of the year last year when she did nothing, back in the summer. And then they praised her, blah blah, but recently they shaded her badly and now they're sucking up again. :toofunny:

Vernier

Well different Forbes writer have different writers, there's no one forbes writer :emma: So I'm not sure it's flip-flopping as much as another writer expressing his different opinion.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Shadow

Well different Forbes writer have different writers, there's no one forbes writer :emma: So I'm not sure it's flip-flopping as much as another writer expressing his different opinion.

They may have different writers, but they only have so many editors who okayed their articles to publish, no?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Archived