đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD's early album sales projections: Taylor Swift 1M, 1D 550K, etc.

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

Nick1495

There is no way Taylor can debut with 1 million again. She's doing a pop album so I'm guessing the country music fans won't be buying it. :MANiCURE:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

LOL NO Taylor can't reach over 1m. She can obviously be 500k+ and may be 700k+ but no way 1m+

GreenEyes

Rap albums always sell that high, especially from well known rappers

Jason Aldean is overestimated, Garth Brooks is SERIOUSLY underestimated given his selling power over his entire career and the interest in his comeback

Kendrick posted close to 250,000 in first week despite being relatively unknown in rap

Do not underestimate his sales

Except rap albums typically have way higher first week sales than pop music? :flop:

Alright you guys, Lil Waynes last album sold a little over 200k in its first week, and Kendrick as said above sold 250k. 

So you're telling me that they will reach up to 500k? With the decline in music sales in the last year or two?

Alrighty my opinion is wrong. 

SlayedForTheGod

Alright you guys, Lil Waynes last album sold a little over 200k in its first week, and Kendrick as said above sold 250k. 

So you're telling me that they will reach up to 500k? With the decline in music sales in the last year or two?

Let me educate you real quick. Lil Waynes last abum was I am Not A Human Being 2. But most rap fans know that wasnt a major release for him. His Carter series of albums is a BIG seller. The Carter IV sold 964,000 first week. The Carter III sold 1 mill plus in its first week. So if you don't think he can sell 500,000 first week of whats supposed to be the last entry in this series, then you're sadly mistaken.

Jesse Pinkman

No, your statement about rap albums in general was flawed. For instance, Drakes last album opened with 600k. Jay Z's last album did 500k. Have you even seen Kanyes first week sales at all? :awkney: In actuality, If you look at Kendrick Lamar's opening week its actually impressive. As you said, no one is buying albums right now. Look at what Katy, Gaga, and Miley had to do just to pull numbers similar to what Kendrick did. He didn't have half of the promotion and none of the antics they had to pull. I'm not saying that they're gonna sell that many copies, but I was simply pointing out that you were discrediting the hip hop community and what you said was the furthest thing from the truth.

It's science, bitch

Weasel

I'm sorry but I've never heard about Jason Aldean or Florida George Line and they are expected to sell that much? And since when does Kendrick Lamar pull in those numbers :koons: 

degenerate

LMAO yeah right for almost all of these. Taylor will pull 715k max.

Florida Georgia line pulling 100k more than ARTPOP? :lmao: I'll streak naked in a school zone if that happens.

Judas Oyster

Wayne's last album only sold 217k first week so 500k isn't happening for him tbh. Kendrick could do 500k, yeesuz only sold 327k first week and kaynes new album has like zero hype so I can't even see him doing 300k this time around, but we'll see.

How much does everyone think nicki will sell first week with pink print?

200-250, perhaps a higher number since it's been a long time since last release and the album is kinda hyped

Maybe 200-300, but not higher

Harry

Rap albums do not sell that high. Unless you're Eminem, and I didn't say that did I?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Rap doesn't sell? :rip: Check the first week sales of the most recent albums by Eminem, Jay Z, Drake, Kanye ... even J Cole. All of those albums in 2013 debuted with bigger sales than the most recent albums by Gaga, Katy, Rihanna and Miley. Out of the pop girls only Beyonce's most recent album competed, and she still sold less than Drake and Eminem.

If rap doesn't sell high then idk what the hell we should describe pop numbers as.

Archived