💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD's early album sales projections: Taylor Swift 1M, 1D 550K, etc.

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

They also predicted upwards of 400k for ARTPOP and PRISM before they were released yet both didn't even crack 280k

Predictions for albums WEEKS before their release date are never good.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500K + for so many artists in this sales climate? When the highest debut so far this year has been 350K?

I don't think so.

All of those numbers are too high. Both PRISM and ARTPOP last year had their predictions deflated as the first week went on. Nobody buys albums anymore. Thanks @Spotify.

Jesse Pinkman

Rap albums do not sell that high. Unless you're Eminem, and I didn't say that did I?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Except rap albums typically have way higher first week sales than pop music? :flop:

It's science, bitch

swine killer

All of those numbers are too high. Both PRISM and ARTPOP last year had their predictions deflated as the first week went on. Nobody buys albums anymore. Thanks @Spotify.

Didnt Gaga and Katy had like under 300k first week?

Wayne's last album only sold 217k first week so 500k isn't happening for him tbh. Kendrick could do 500k, yeesuz only sold 327k first week and kaynes new album has like zero hype so I can't even see him doing 300k this time around, but we'll see.

How much does everyone think nicki will sell first week with pink print?

tumblr_mz3er98mBN1qzwh14o1_250.gif

Taylor slaying, as per :legend: Imagine if she really hits that 1M first week :giveup: But her real competition will be Lil Wayne, even though they predict 500k... We'll see

One Direction's numbers don't surprise me at all either.

And I agree that Garth Brooks numbers are underestimated

who will love me when the night is over

How much does everyone think nicki will sell first week with pink print?

Given the climate, I would say 250-300k, But imo it's hard to tell because she isn't a pop girl but she also isn't a 100% rapper (even if she said that PP would be back to her rap roots, I'm still not expecting a full pop record) so there isn't really anybody to compare her to. Iggy maybe? but that was a debut album so sales are going to be totally different

who will love me when the night is over

Given the climate, I would say 250-300k, But imo it's hard to tell because she isn't a pop girl but she also isn't a 100% rapper (even if she said that PP would be back to her rap roots, I'm still not expecting a full pop record) so there isn't really anybody to compare her to. Iggy maybe? but that was a debut album so sales are going to be totally different

I was thinking something along those lines too, her rap/urban audience is fully back on her support with this album as this album is more about her roots and less pop which is a good thing IMO. If promoted right and a solid third single I think she could crack 350k at the most!

'Ye's numbers aren't surprising, if he released a major collab then maybe he could up it to Yeezus numbers again but he's been so polarizing since then. Kendrick's are surprising to me too, I see him doing 350K personally if 'i' or another single connects as well as Swimming Pools. 

Rap albums do not sell that high. Unless you're Eminem, and I didn't say that did I?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Drag

Clog

Slay

Archived