đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Preview of Ellie and Iggy's new collab coming tonight

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Just looked the the track listing for The New Classic for the first time..... How many ****ing writers do you need per song? I looked at Nicki's cus I expected to see just her or one other person per song but nope it was kind of the same thing.....

Just went and looked at Kanye's and it was the same thing again!

What is it with all these rappers having so many writers on their songs? I definitely don't feel like that's the way it used to be.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked the the track listing for The New Classic for the first time..... How many ****ing writers do you need per song? I looked at Nicki's cus I expected to see just her or one other person per song but nope it was kind of the same thing.....

Just went and looked at Kanye's and it was the same thing again!

What is it with all these rappers having so many writers on their songs? I definitely don't feel like that's the way it used to be.

they write her chorus's

I love Ellie's music but I never expected her to collab with Iggy.... I'd rather see her in a Gaga song...

Seriously....

Ugh....

I'm pissed....

The song better be GOOD

Mte exactly, Ellie collabs usually suck so I'm not trying to worry.

and 2 tbsps of delusion  :ohwell:

Am I delusional for believing that a lot of music today is just a result of a team of record company executives?

Songs like "We Can't Stop" "Diamonds" and "Wrecking Ball" illustrate how interchangeable popular music can be today... And I see Iggy as being the rap version of Katy Perry... Everything's a money grab. No originality. Black Widow's music video was a huge rip off of Telephone. Fancy only did well because of Charli XCX's part and the video did well because of the Clueless motif. A good beat can be used with anyone, and anyone can pretend that he/she writes the lyrics that they are performing... This is a girl who I believe is backed by a huge team of people trying to make her as marketable as possible. Her individuality, her creativity is completely absent from everything of hers that I have listened to. That Jennifer Lopez feature she just did? Awful. (And clearly the video was done in an attempt to emulate the success of the Anaconda video).

I would have given Iggy some slack had she been succesful with at least one song that didn't have a feature.

Moreover, I wouldn't have jumped to some of the conclusions I had if i hadn't seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IosP8iSnwNk

In my opinion (and that's important for me to state, that all of this is just my opinion), Iggy is just a white girl that didn't do well with pop. But since she's attractive and marketable, she found a new packaging for herself to make money. She's not much more than a less creative (if possible) Katy Perry who raps.

It's a shame that because she had two catchy songs be number one and number two she is now being compared to The Beatles.

Fortunately, she isn't exactly adored by critics (Metacritic only giving The New Classic a 57).

But hey, if you like her music then great! I just can't stand it, and think she is another cog in the machine that is music in 2014.

Am I delusional for believing that a lot of music today is just a result of a team of record company executives?

Songs like "We Can't Stop" "Diamonds" and "Wrecking Ball" illustrate how interchangeable popular music can be today... And I see Iggy as being the rap version of Katy Perry... Everything's a money grab. No originality. Black Widow's music video was a huge rip off of Telephone. Fancy only did well because of Charli XCX's part and the video did well because of the Clueless motif. A good beat can be used with anyone, and anyone can pretend that he/she writes the lyrics that they are performing... This is a girl who I believe is backed by a huge team of people trying to make her as marketable as possible. Her individuality, her creativity is completely absent from everything of hers that I have listened to. That Jennifer Lopez feature she just did? Awful. (And clearly the video was done in an attempt to emulate the success of the Anaconda video).

I would have given Iggy some slack had she been succesful with at least one song that didn't have a feature.

Moreover, I wouldn't have jumped to some of the conclusions I had if i hadn't seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IosP8iSnwNk

In my opinion (and that's important for me to state, that all of this is just my opinion), Iggy is just a white girl that didn't do well with pop. But since she's attractive and marketable, she found a new packaging for herself to make money. She's not much more than a less creative (if possible) Katy Perry who raps.

It's a shame that because she had two catchy songs be number one and number two she is now being compared to The Beatles.

Fortunately, she isn't exactly adored by critics (Metacritic only giving The New Classic a 57).

But hey, if you like her music then great! I just can't stand it, and think she is another cog in the machine that is music in 2014.

:deadbanana:

Archived