💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Thicke lied about writing Blurred Lines; Pharrell unable to read music

betarixx

Featured Posts

What are you talking about?

This supports the accusation that he copied Gaye's song because he liked the sound :emma:

I'm not really sure how not being able to read music supports the accusation of copying. He could still copy the sound of something even if he could read music. I would assume the defense was asking him to read the notes of Blurred Lines as compared to Got to Give it Up, to show that they were the same, and then he just refused to read them aloud because he didn't want to admit they were the same. Lawyers ask people to read aloud their own statements for the court all the time. I don't really take this as confirmation that he can't read music, just that he didn't want to dig his own grave.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure how not being able to read music supports the accusation of copying. He could still copy the sound of something even if he could read music. I would assume the defense was asking him to read the notes of Blurred Lines as compared to Got to Give it Up, to show that they were the same, and then he just refused to read them aloud because he didn't want to admit they were the same. Lawyers ask people to read aloud their own statements for the court all the time. I don't really take this as confirmation that he can't read music, just that he didn't want to dig his own grave.

That's even worse

There is literally no way that it makes him look good

FragileLamplite

The Pharrell thing isn't even a big deal. Some of the greatest musicians in history couldn't read music (see Lennon-McCartney, Brothers Gibb). As for Robin, I don't think this surprised anyone. Still upset this trash blocked Get Lucky reaching #1.

Why did the interviewer start examining Pharrell on whether or not he could read music? :confused: Seems a bit random to whip out a music sheet and ask someone to read it :toofunny:

It wasn't random, he could've pointed to Gaye's and said that was his composition or if he couldn't read it then it basically confirms they built it around how Gaye's song sounded

Either one very obviously points to plagiarism

Archived