Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Paloma Faith: New Album/Single OUT NOW

Bowie

Featured Posts

What do 'Leave While I'm Not Looking' and 'Beauty Remains' sound like?

Well:

1. Paloma got the audience to choose between '30 Minute Love Affair' and 'Beauty Remains' as she said they sounded quite alike. The first minute or so of the song definitely does sound like 3MLA, in the vocals, and the song it didn't strike me as a highlight of the evening. Imagine 3MLA re-worked and dressed up for the dance floor in the peak of disco era. That's how I remember it as being.

2. 'Leave While I'm Not Looking' is the rich, synth-oriented twin sister of 'Only Love Can Hurt Like This'. The choruses are practically identical, in terms of structure and melody. I think they're in the same key. But it's been stuck in my head all day, and was a really good moment; Paloma seemed to hit the high notes with this one with ease.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruelty

Well:

1. Paloma got the audience to choose between '30 Minute Love Affair' and 'Beauty Remains' as she said they sounded quite alike. The first minute or so of the song definitely does sound like 3MLA, in the vocals, and the song it didn't strike me as a highlight of the evening. Imagine 3MLA re-worked and dressed up for the dance floor in the peak of disco era. That's how I remember it as being.

2. 'Leave While I'm Not Looking' is the rich, synth-oriented twin sister of 'Only Love Can Hurt Like This'. The choruses are practically identical, in terms of structure and melody. I think they're in the same key. But it's been stuck in my head all day, and was a really good moment; Paloma seemed to hit the high notes with this one with ease.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear the studio (and hopefully live) versions of these songs!

Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear the studio (and hopefully live) versions of these songs!

Same! The sound system at the venue was awful, and the audience were so dead it was unbelievable. Poor Paloma was exasperated with them. Those factors really dampened the evening, so all of the songs sounded really underwhelming as it was. Nonetheless, she still delivered!

Cruelty

1. I'm in love with Paloma's cover of 'River Deep Mountain High'.

2. Only two days until I go to see Paloma in Manchester!!!

1. I'm in love with Paloma's cover of 'River Deep Mountain High'.

2. Only two days until I go to see Paloma in Manchester!!!

:excited2:

I will get round to posting my review, I swear :sweat: For now, enjoy Paloma's new song, "Leave While I'm Not Looking":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSVgJSaNLU0

Paloma has been forced to postpone her two performances in Manchester this week, due to having been hospitalised due to illness. The shows have been rescheduled for later this month, with refund information to be confirmed. More to come :(

Paloma's new album is out today! 'A Perfect Contradiction: The Outsiders' Edition' is now available to stream, download or purchase in stores around the UK. What are your thoughts? :sara: 

I adore her feature in Changing, she suits the genre and looks so gorgeous in the video  :flutter: I've never been able to get into her albums as whole, but I love her singles - Upside Down is another favourite  :legend:

I adore her feature in Changing, she suits the genre and looks so gorgeous in the video  :flutter: I've never been able to get into her albums as whole, but I love her singles - Upside Down is another favourite  :legend:

She does indeed! 'Upside Down' is amazing live - and it's often used in TV which makes my day! HAHA:

• 4 weeks later...
Cruelty

"Leave While I'm Not Looking" is out in early 2015 as the fifth single of the album! It's been added already to BBC Radio 2's playlist.

• 1 month later...
Cruelty

Paloma is doing Forest Live again this year, and has sold 7,000 tickets for one of the shows in five hours. S-L-A-Y.

• 1 month later...
Cruelty

I think Palomaspace (as I've unofficially renamed this thread) needs a big update, so...

* Tonight it was third time lucky for Godloma as she won Best British Female Solo Artist at the BRIT Awards!

* Paloma served us two stunning looks!

* She performed the most stunning performance ever, of "Only Love Can Hurt Like This"

* Her new video, "Beauty Remains" is on YouTube now; the single is out March 29th.

* In the last year, Paloma sold more albums on Amazon than Lily Allen, FKA twigs, Ella Henderson and Jessie Ware combined.

* Official Charts reports Paloma has sold an incredible 725,000 albums in the last year.

"Beauty Remains" is at http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPeMvc7PB8o

And well done Paloma for tonight's slayage!

Archived