Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim Kardashian

o<(0_0)>o

You forgot to include it in the title.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

Love the intro / T.I.'s part.. the rest is just abysmally boring lyrically and on the ear. I listen to it occasionally and I don't "hate" it but it's just so forced, boring and it's more like a hip-hop culture appropriation than an actual hip-hop track which could have worked if it was a little ironic.

Laceface

Cake Like is a parody/satyric 

Yeah, it's a shame people don't see it like that and think it's the next biggest thing :rip:

Yeah, it's a shame people don't see it like that and think it's the next biggest thing :rip:

I used to hate Cake Like but now I love it ! It's just a song for FUN. 

So you don't like to have fun. Not all music is supposed to be serious. Also Gaga did say from the beginning that this album was going to be more care-free.

I don't hate the song. I like the instrumental and T.I. and Gaga's part, but after that it becomes annoying. The "Don't want your jewels, I want your d--gs" gets repetitive (Let's not get into other songs from the album) and it's like one of those "I'm such a badass rapper!! rawr" rap songs that I just don't believe in or think are that great. I get that she was just having fun, but yes, Jewels N' Drugs is just "another fun song" from ARTPOP that I skip sometimes because that's what it is.

:rofl:

Except Gaga made the song back in 2012 or possibly early 2013. Trap being used by mainstream popstars was thing not a thing when she made this song.

Hip hop culture is a joke.
Hip hop as a whole is a joke.

I'm not here for Gaga jumping on basic bandwagons because it's trendy. That's why I dislike it. :manicure:

Laceface

I used to hate Cake Like but now I love it ! It's just a song for FUN. 

Agreed. I think it would make it a great interlude, just not here for the over exaggeration of it being called a suitable album track etc.

Archived