💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'90s cartoon, Hey Arnold had some really dark themes

JaggedMonster

Featured Posts

this show always seemed gloomy to me as abut i wasn't capable of understanding the themes then. Actually feel compelled to start watching the show.

JaggedMonster

Mr. Hyunh reunited with his daughter in that episode tho :giveup:

Still makes me cry tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAvELU5Cvs

tumblr_lt1psbwZAT1r3s7k0o1_500.jpg

Some when I was younger I swore he was gonna drive his train into my house and get me :gum:

Hey Arnold IS a good show. Makes me wanna watch some episodes on Netflix rn. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

SissyFromSpace

this show always seemed gloomy to me as abut i wasn't capable of understanding the themes then. Actually feel compelled to start watching the show.

Exactly what I'm doing right now ;)

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

heavymlover

I never thought of the possibility of many of those things being related to social issues, but I've always thought that Hey Arnold was much deeper than it seems. The episode where Helga visits the psychologist made me realise that.

One of the clearest examples of its deepness is Helga's family. It's pretty clear that her mother is an alcoholic and that she barely gets any attention from any of her parents.

Pretty good cartoon. Definitely one of my favorites.

FFXSoul91

I was watching this show the other day and it was the episode where Curley is furious because he's supposed to be the ball monitor for the week but Sid is picked instead... I never realized how blatantly it was meant to resemble a school shooting/hostage situation.

FameHookah

Proff that the cartoons were the best in the 80's - 90's and early 00's

They had some deep **** going on, like digimon for example.

Good times :flutter:

I cried so bad with the lila episode , when they found out that she was poor and stuff :(

WTF is MDNA

Hey Arnold had some pretty scary episodes for kids.

The one with the ghost in the basement.

The train ghost one.

The one with the headless horse woman in the park.

But the one that scared me the most as a kid is the one about the ghost bride. She killed her husband on their wedding day with an axe (or something like that) and then the kids went to go investigate the myth at the graveyard. The story really gave me nightmares and I swore I could hear her humming at times. Lol

• 1 year later...
Stacy Hirsh

Chocolate boy's addiction to chocolate is a lot like someone who is addicted to heroin, there is an episode about Chocolate boy which is really disturbing, there is a scene when Chocolate boy is going through chocolate withdrawl and is really creepy, he was behaving like a psychotic wacko.

Archived