Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Meghan Trainor: "I tried to go anorexic for three hours"

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Paper Planes

Ohp here come the internet police to correct the definition of anorexia...

This :rip:

You all need to find chill :rip: She didn't mean any harm by saying it.

delete it fat

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know there is a continuuum between obsessive dieting and anorexia as a real disorder. Blurry lines between them. Also girls on the web who are "pro-ana" - which you won't find with anything that is purely a mental illness.

So many haters.... :awkney:

No surprise, Meghan had no chance to be a gay icon with that body type anyway.

With their higher rates of eating disorders and fat-shaming, it's no wonder they don't love her lyrics as massively as teen girls do.

This :rip:

You all need to find chill :rip: She didn't mean any harm by saying it.

Ikr!! People are so pressed here and trying to make her look like the worst person in the world.

She tried to make a point, but seemed to have forgotten to engage her brain :awkney:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Redstreak

Poor poor thin girls and gays. So Oppressed.

Come back when you suffer from as many double standards as men do from feminists or whites from anti-racists, and I'm have more sympathy.

I agree. All those poor oppressed straight white men. ZICml.gif

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Batwings

Poor poor thin girls and gays. So Oppressed.

"I'm fit and beautiful and the vast majority of society finds me attractive, but this one time, a guy called me skinny, and I cried for three weeks, and that's why Meghan Trainor should be beheaded." <-- Internet gays

So many people are taking what she said completely out of context, from the interview I interpreted it as her saying that she recognized a way and action many people utilize in order to subside hunger but came to a realization that it wasn't healthy nor did it make her happy.  

PicklePower

Why are y'all so hard on new people? Are you people THAT pressed?  :excuseme:

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

codymonster

You don't "go" anorexic. It's a disorder.

I personally think it's silly to call it a disorder. I used to be anorexic. Now I eat lots! Instead of looking at it as a sickness, I looked at is as a bad decision on my part. And I worked hard to change that decision and change how I viewed my body. Anyone who calls it a sickness is not giving themselves enough credit. Anorexia is something you CAN change, and calling it a sickness makes it sound like they can't help it. But everyone can help it. You just have to be strong.

Personally, I'm glad she addressed it like this. It's not a sickness, it's a mind set.

PicklePower

I personally think it's silly to call it a disorder. I used to be anorexic. Now I eat lots! Instead of looking at it as a sickness, I looked at is as a bad decision on my part. And I worked hard to change that decision and change how I viewed my body. Anyone who calls it a sickness is not giving themselves enough credit. Anorexia is something you CAN change, and calling it a sickness makes it sound like they can't help it. But everyone can help it. You just have to be strong.

Personally, I'm glad she addressed it like this. It's not a sickness, it's a mind set.

THANK YOU! It's nice to see someone that's on her side.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Archived