Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Meghan Trainor: "I tried to go anorexic for three hours"

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Laceface

"I wasn't strong enough to have an eating disorder"

please do not associate eating disorders with any positive connotations for the love of god

also "i tried to go anorexic" implies that an eating disorder is like a diet or something not a mental health issue that you can't just turn on and off

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glamorizing eating disorders :fan: ... Waiting for Demi's response

But I think the intent is there and she is a positive role model to young teens

SlayedForTheGod

I teared up when she was told she was #2. I get so happy seeing people achieve what they strive for. And ya'll need to shut up. Not everyone is obsessed with political correctness. We all know anorexia, a mental illness, is bad. She knows its unhealthy. That's all that matters. Anyways. I'm the same way as she was. I'm so obsessed with my body but can't bring myself to starvation or other extreme methods of weight loss.

Ohp here come the internet police to correct the definition of anorexia...

Yes, she's hardly the first to use it in an expanded way.

Fat people have so many negative terms put on them, they naturally seek a perjorative for the pressure to diet and be thin.

Wrong way to say her message to the fans. She should watch herself when she speaks. Many dislike her for that skinny b---hes thing. And now this. I like her. But she needs to control herself.

00026 † 10000

Anorexia is a problem of the privileged.

Far more people are fat shamed in our culture.

http://h05.cgpublisher.com/proposals/190/index_html

By: Dr Elizabeth Throop
Although conventionally thought of as a serious mental illness, anorexia can be re-envisioned as the enactment of American dominant culture through the eating behaviors of privileged adolescent girls. Currently, anorexia is read by dominant culture as reflecting the burden of dominant cultural images of beauty and perfection, and anorectics as the victims of those images. However, anorexia also can be understood as a clear yet covert statement by anorectics of class and national privilege. Only in the wealthy west, and more particularly the United States, do young women willingly starve themselves outside of a wider set of meanings (for instance, religious practitioners may sometimes fast in extreme ways): anorexia, far from being a biologically-based illness, is a cultural construction as well as a set of immoral behaviors that is contemptuous and ethnocentric while being forgiven by dominant culture. Interestingly, anorectics are provided with psychotherapy and highly sympathetic attention by "experts", those who are obese in this country, conversely, are treated with disgust at the obese person's lack of willpower. Why? U.S. anorectics are overwhelmingly middle-class and upper-middle-class European-American young women, while obese persons cross the class gamut. Also, the American obsession with psychologizing all behaviors while abstaining from passing moral judgment on some  though, clearly, not all  of them means that if a person is afflicted with an illness  anorexia, though not obesity  she is not to blame for her behavior. The consumption of food is read in oppressive and, appositely, value-free ways, by dominant American culture, and asceticism is valued while indulgence is not. Recognition of the moral aspects of anorexia, and a culture-wide discussion, could perhaps provide a larger focus on issues of social justice globally, so that a contextual, voluntary starvation is no longer understood as a forgivable set of behaviors.

gagaisitalian

lol @ deciding to eat small amounts of food = "going anorexic" 

If you watched the interview she said "and that's not even an eating disorder".

tumblr_nblo72ncRa1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

If you watched the interview she said "and that's not even an eating disorder".

what would i do that for when i read the quote? 

"I tried to go anorexic for three hours, i ate celery and ice,... but I was too hungry"

what i said was a response to that, silly.

last straw

she can go **** herself, I hate her.

All About That Bass was great, but she's become swallowed in her own ego now.

Just because you're built bigger, does not mean that you can shame eating disorders, anorexia is not a type of living - it's a mental disorder.

I'm so glad taylor stole that #1 on iTunes off her - enjoy your 15K debut Ep and hurry up and leave the music industry pronto BYE

PicklePower

last straw

she can go **** herself, I hate her.

All About That Bass was great, but she's become swallowed in her own ego now.

Just because you're built bigger, does not mean that you can shame eating disorders, anorexia is not a type of living - it's a mental disorder.

I'm so glad taylor stole that #1 on iTunes off her - enjoy your 15K debut Ep and hurry up and leave the music industry pronto BYE

She's not shaming anybody with eating disorders....

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Archived