đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Biggest Mistake of the ARTPOP era

SIRE

Biggest Mistake  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest mistake of the ARTPOP era?

• Naming the album "ARTPOP"
    • DWUW video mess
    • Picking Applause over Sexxx Dreams as the lead
    • The blackout
    • DWUW sabotages Venus as second single
    • Gypsy is paid dust
    • Putting R. Kelly on a song with sexual undertones
    • G.U.Y. era
    • Pulling the plug after the third single
    • ARTPOP Act II buried away forever

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta

In the music industry, second promo singles usually sell more than the first ones because of the album release proximity. In her case they have sold less because the first ones got more attention. Hair sold more because of the album but TEOG sold more additional digital sales because its popularity.

I only disagreed with you because I don't think that the scrap has made everything go down. The era was going down since Applause, and DWUW was stable until the video never came out. Obviously a planned era is better but no one forced them to make such a "messy/controversial/rushed" video, they had enough time to plan and film a basic video. They rushed Applause and they still released it.

Walking On Air sold less than Dark Horse too. Actually Walking On Air sold less than Venus, while DH sold more than DWUW

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens

Walking On Air sold less than Dark Horse too. Actually Walking On Air sold less than Venus, while DH sold more than DWUW

It's the same case. Her fans voted for Dark Horse so obviously it had better reception and more additional digital sales.

Walking On Air sold more than Venus (113k vs 108k)

I actually liked the "G.U.Y." era, all considering that it didn't do as successful as we thought. I mean, pulling in SXSW (I count it within), the Roseland "era", and the beginning of artRave, it was all pretty cool.

While I was sad that Venus wasn't released and had no video, I wouldn't cal it a big mistake. Personally, I like DWUW's solo version so much more, so I'd say R. Kelly's inclusion. Even then, that's purely based on my bias for the solo version.

3 points in and ready for more

Gaga Ate My Ass

Things happen for a reason so I dont see them as mistakes but I wish she hadn't preview three forths of the album before the release

• 4 weeks later...
JonathanMinaj2

If Gaga really wanted Venus as a single she could of released it after it..... She would of performed Venus on award shows and DWUW would been a radio friendly hit (win/win)

1."Applause"

Released: August 12, 2013

2."Do What U Want"

Released: October 21, 2013

3."Venus"

Released: October 28, 2013

4."Gypsy"

Released: February/March

That's how the era should of went

You should allow multiple answers for this poll. 

The Venus/DWUW switch confused everyone beyond belief and then the video didn't come out and that was a mess and then she went on a 4 month blackout and it was like she didn't have a new album at all. 

The Venus/DWUW switch confused everyone beyond belief and then the video didn't come out and that was a mess and then she went on a 4 month blackout and it was like she didn't have a new album at all. 

this tbh

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

juicyjuicy

DWUW VIDEO. Hands down. She could've shot and edited something like TEOG and rush released it, and it would've saved the era. 

The most commercial song on her album and one of her best in her entire repetoire tbh. All my friends liked it, and most of them don't even like Gaga. With a video, I think it could've put Gaga back on the radar. But they just made bad decisions after bad decisions this era...#whatcouldvebeen #littlemanagers

Archived