đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Biggest Mistake of the ARTPOP era

SIRE

Biggest Mistake  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest mistake of the ARTPOP era?

• Naming the album "ARTPOP"
    • DWUW video mess
    • Picking Applause over Sexxx Dreams as the lead
    • The blackout
    • DWUW sabotages Venus as second single
    • Gypsy is paid dust
    • Putting R. Kelly on a song with sexual undertones
    • G.U.Y. era
    • Pulling the plug after the third single
    • ARTPOP Act II buried away forever

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not listed as a choice but I vote for Gaga firing Troy right before dropping the album. Don't get me wrong. If he was mistreating her I'm glad she fired him, but the timing of it completely destroyed all her plans for promo, the app (so it would seem), etc at the worst possible time.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Paper Gangsta

Not releasing the DWUW video.

Applause did ok but not as expected, anyway ARTPOP was still alive.

Venus was scrapped, but the GP didn't care.

The R Kelly hate was there but DWUW had a great development.

The video never came and the blackout killed the era.

The Venus scrap caused many consequences. One of them is dwuw video. With Venus scrap everything started going down.

DrewStevens

The Venus scrap caused many consequences. One of them is dwuw video. With Venus scrap everything started going down.

I don't agree with that.

The 'Venus scrap' was not the main cause, it was a consequence of the criticism and the low sales that provoked discouragement and lack of confidence in the project. She or/and her team lost confidence in Venus because of the low sales and attention it got compared with DWUW. Switching singles wasn't a mistake, it was a good marketing decision, but the execution wasn't the best.

Venus had a planned era, but that's not a good reason to think that it could have been a successful single. A lot of things were planned and most of them turned out in failures.

The distrust in the album was the main reason why the era failed.

Paper Gangsta

I don't agree with that.

The 'Venus scrap' was not the main cause, it was a consequence of the criticism and the low sales that provoked discouragement and lack of confidence in the project. She or/and her team lost confidence in Venus because of the low sales and attention it got compared with DWUW. Switching singles wasn't a mistake, it was a good marketing decision, but the execution wasn't the best.

Venus had a planned era, but that's not a good reason to think that it could have been a successful single. A lot of things were planned and most of them turned out in failures.

The distrust in the album was the main reason why the era failed.

But they scraped planed era for unplanned one

DrewStevens

But they scraped planed era for unplanned one

So? Marry The Night was planned and it was her first flop. G.U.Y. was planned and it flopped hardcore. 

Paper Gangsta

So? Marry The Night was planned and it was her first flop. G.U.Y. was planned and it flopped hardcore.

What was planed about GUY? One tv appearance? And Venus didn't have low sales, moreover they changed singles before it was even released

Hybrid MonsTer

None of the above.

Management was the one and only cause of ARTPOP not being as successful as it should have been. ARTPOP, though, will become one of Gaga's most important eras, imo.

:applause:  THIS ....  :tea:

DrewStevens

What was planed about GUY? One tv appearance? And Venus didn't have low sales, moreover they changed singles before it was even released

She announced the single and the video on NBC, the video was previewed on The Today Show and debuted in full on Dateline NBC. It had enough promotion to chart higher than that. 

Venus had lower sales than DWUW (108k vs 156k) and it had one more week of pre-orders. Its sales were low compared with other promo singles like Hair (147k) and The Edge Of Glory (266k).

A planned era does not ensure a successful era.

Paper Gangsta

She announced the single and the video on NBC, the video was previewed on The Today Show and debuted in full on Dateline NBC. It had enough promotion to chart higher than that.

Venus had lower sales than DWUW (108k vs 156k) and it had one more week of pre-orders. Its sales were low compared with other promo singles like Hair (147k) and The Edge Of Glory (266k).

A planned era does not ensure a successful era.

Um DWUW hit the radio during its release week and it had commercial. Im saying again it was switched before venus even was released

DrewStevens

Um DWUW hit the radio during its release week and it had commercial. Im saying again it was switched before venus even was released

Um no. DWUW was released on October 21 and it didn't hit the radio until November 5. Switched before Venus was released or not the song got more sales and better response from reviewers. It was an anticipated good move.

Paper Gangsta

Um no. DWUW was released on October 21 and it didn't hit the radio until November 5. Switched before Venus was released or not the song got more sales and better response from reviewers. It was an anticipated good move.

Um radio impact date doesn't mean a thing. If it is single radios will spin it before date. I was tracking songs and its radio updates in chart discussion topics so I know what I'm talking about :)

DrewStevens

Um radio impact date doesn't mean a thing. If it is single radios will spin it before date. I was tracking songs and its radio updates in chart discussion topics so I know what I'm talking about :)

DWUW hit some radio stations on wednesday as any single but it was barely played to achieve more than 20k sales in a day (considering that the number of digital downloads was predicted a day after it's release as the 2nd single). It stayed on top of the iTunes chart before it was announced as the 2nd single and is the ARTPOP single with the best reviews.

Venus sales were still low compared with her past promo singles.

Anyway that's not the point because nobody will ever know if Venus would have been successful as a single or not. The point is that a planned era does not ensure a success.

And I know what I'm talking about too, I check more than just the chart discussion topics, I even updated information about sales.

Paper Gangsta

DWUW hit some radio stations on wednesday as any single but it was barely played to achieve more than 20k sales in a day (considering that the number of digital downloads was predicted a day after it's release as the 2nd single). It stayed on top of the iTunes chart before it was announced as the 2nd single and is the ARTPOP single with the best reviews.

Venus sales were still low compared with her past promo singles.

Anyway that's not the point because nobody will ever know if Venus would have been successful as a single or not. The point is that a planned era does not ensure a success.

And I know what I'm talking about too, I check more than just the chart discussion topics, I even updated information about sales.

Um second promo single always sell less, idk why. 

And I'm not arguing about which would be more sucessful, I'm just saying she should stick to the plan. She even had video planned. DWUW could have been released later and video would too since she would have time for plan

DrewStevens

Um second promo single always sell less, idk why. 

And I'm not arguing about which would be more sucessful, I'm just saying she should stick to the plan. She even had video planned. DWUW could have been released later and video would too since she would have time for plan

In the music industry, second promo singles usually sell more than the first ones because of the album release proximity. In her case they have sold less because the first ones got more attention. Hair sold more because of the album but TEOG sold more additional digital sales because its popularity.

I only disagreed with you because I don't think that the scrap has made everything go down. The era was going down since Applause, and DWUW was stable until the video never came out. Obviously a planned era is better but no one forced them to make such a "messy/controversial/rushed" video, they had enough time to plan and film a basic video. They rushed Applause and they still released it.

Archived