đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Kylie Minogue

bionic

Featured Posts

That set list could be a lot better. Only a few songs from KMO, it's been ages since she doesn't sing Red Blooded Woman, Impossible Princess songs... Songs like Kids, Spinning Around, Wow are overdone by this point. I just thought she can do a lot better I mean, she's the queen of touring.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

Break this Heartbreak is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

That set list could be a lot better. Only a few songs from KMO, it's been ages since she doesn't sing Red Blooded Woman, Impossible Princess songs... Songs like Kids, Spinning Around, Wow are overdone by this point. I just thought she can do a lot better I mean, she's the queen of touring.

I like the set list because I love the fact that she lets a bunch of her older 80s/90s songs have their moment but I totally agree that she should retire some, like Wow, Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Kids, and put a couple of older songs or from Kiss Me Once.

I think that starting with Les Sex is a weak opening because the song is weak, she could have picked a much better opener and/or a better one from KMO to fill that slot.

That said, I completely understand the lack of songs from KMO. I think this is an MDNA Tour type situation where the album flopped (even more so than MDNA) and she absolutely has to tour. So instead of focusing on the last album, it's more of a retrospective tour to remind people of her importance and relevance she has had and has as an artist, and keeps the focus away from her last underwhelming effort

who will love me when the night is over

I think that starting with Les Sex is a weak opening because the song is weak, she could have picked a much better opener and/or a better one from KMO to fill that slot.

That said, I completely understand the lack of songs from KMO. I think this is an MDNA Tour type situation where the album flopped (even more so than MDNA) and she absolutely has to tour. So instead of focusing on the last album, it's more of a retrospective tour to remind people of her importance and relevance she has had and has as an artist, and keeps the focus away from her last underwhelming effort

It's the same for every artist over 45 or 50. Radio, at best, will only support their lead single.  

Kylie was smarter than Madonna in not inflicting an excessive amount of new songs on her audience. 6 from KMO + Timebomb and Skirt + new INXS cover is pretty good.

Les Sex isn't as good as Speakerphone or Aphrodite as an opener, but it 's been a fan favorite and I can't think of anything better from KMO, considering that Into the Blue is better as a closer.

It's the same for every artist over 45 or 50. Radio, at best, will only support their lead single.  

Kylie was smarter than Madonna in not inflicting an excessive amount of new songs on her audience. 6 from KMO + Timebomb and Skirt + new INXS cover is pretty good.

Les Sex isn't as good as Speakerphone or Aphrodite as an opener, but it 's been a fan favorite and I can't think of anything better from KMO, considering that Into the Blue is better as a closer.

True, but imo with Madonna, overall, it still felt like the tour for MDNA but here it's more of a greatest hits thing (but hey, I haven't seen it yet so I'm just talking out of my ass) I feel like if she had added more songs from KMO it wouldn't have been that much of a shame because a bunch of them are good and kind of fit in with her whole style of music, which was not the case with MDNA and as you said, with the tour.

Those openings were amazing and I understand that Les Sex is a fan favorite (I didn't know) but as an opener I don't like it. She didn't have to start with a song from KMO.

It still looks amazing though

who will love me when the night is over

I don't really like Les Sex. If the opening song had to be from Kiss Me Once, then I'd have picked Million Miles. I'm still hoping she'll add it to the setlist at some point *Prays* Please Kylie :kissga:

bionic

Omg did you have fun sis? :giveup:

What did you think of the opening interlude with the new songs? :giveup:

It was great fun! :)

It wasn't really an opening interlude. The opening act (a bad DJ) went off and the lights stayed off. The Sleepwalker video played, then the lights went back on. About 30m until Kylie's show started. It was such a stan moment hearing and watching the video

buy bionic

Psychedelic

I like the show overral (judging by youtube videos) smaller production, smaller set, the length is also shorter, compared to previous tours it seems... but it all matches the album vibe, something more intimate, classy and private but still spectacular and creative.

This definitely feels sort of like MDNA did, a recycle of different concepts she's used in the past to kinda remind people who she is, even though the album flopped. LOL. :toofunny:

The setlist could've been better, I agree with some of you that songs such as Spinning Around, OANLT, Kids, CGYOOMH, Love At First Sight, Slow, Wow and In My Arms are overplayed now, she could have given a chance to other classics or fan favorites that aren't so often performed.

As for the KMO tracks, she could only add IWGC and Feels So Good, but it's not like I would die if she doesn't... overrall it was great she didn't perform so few songs off of this album! And I personally liked Les Sex as the opening, once againg it matched very good the album concept with the tour, the opening outfit could have been a little more elaborate though!

I hope she comes to America :party:

ithinkweed

Just skipped through the iTunes festival, don't want to watch it in full because I'll go to the show in October :) Can't Get You Out Of My Head remix sounds dope

bionic

She slayed the iTunes Festival. Gutted Timebomb was one of the few songs cut though. Would rather she skip Wow.

buy bionic

She slayed the iTunes Festival. Gutted Timebomb was one of the few songs cut though. Would rather she skip Wow.

How about no :crossed:

Archived