Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

It has autotuned as hell background vocals.

Yes. The backgrounds. But the main voice is 100% Gagas voices. Mezzosoprano low. Not radio friendly. Unexpected and this is why bad romance slayed the world :legend:

I really don't believe her, it's simliar to the "I was put in the trash can" tall tale she repeated to promote Born This Way. I'm sure there is some truth to these stories, but they are obviously narratives she creates to promote projects, in this case Cheek To Cheek. I think most fans are able to recognize when she is embellishing in an interivew.

Gaga is a singer who has manipulated her vocals through machines and natural affectations since day one, and that is something I enjoy about her music. It's not a negative thing. Her vocals are as varied as her ensembles. The robotic vocals on Poker Face are what make the song incredible and other worldy. It's the hypnotic faceless tone of those vocals that made the song a hit around the world.

It's disapointing to hear her say that sounding "like a robot" and being "radio-friendly" were things forced on her by the lable. That admition kind of takes the magic out of what I thought was a conscious decision to satire pop.

Better Day

But why though? She said herself during the promotion of Applause that she does not know that well how to sell her music.

Then maybe she should shut up and let smarter people decide for her :roll:

She can still sing the way she wants on at least half of the album, she gets that much freedom for sure.

She feels that the songs and singles represent her and but that's why this bothers her, but let's be real she sounds better so I don't know why she has to complain all the time about everything

"Music not the bling" 

Together You And I!

Stefani328

Record labels do this all the time. I've heard other artists say just about the same.

Gaga please leave Interscope tho...

xvuXoVa.gif

Angie sipping the tea. 

TraeumereiLPB

And now we know why the Aura vocals were changed: To sound more radio friendly.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Kermit the frog

I really don't believe her, it's simliar to the "I was put in the trash can" tall tale she repeated to promote Born This Way. I'm sure there is some truth to these stories, but they are obviously narratives she creates to promote projects, in this case Cheek To Cheek. I think most fans are able to recognize when she is embellishing in an interivew.

Gaga is a singer who has manipulated her vocals through machines and natural affectations since day one, and that is something I enjoy about her music. It's not a negative thing. Her vocals are as varied as her ensembles. The robotic vocals on Poker Face are what make the song incredible and other worldy. It's the hypnotic faceless tone of those vocals that made the song a hit around the world.

It's disapointing to hear her say that sounding "like a robot" and being "radio-friendly" were things forced on her by the lable. That admition kind of takes the magic out of what I thought was a conscious decision to satire pop.

But she's been singing jazz since she was 15!!!

She's the queen of contradicting herself, I haven't been paying attention to her interviews for like 2 years now cuz they're all streams of feaces.

I'm not really getting this tbh. Her voice is in instrument...which is completely fine to alter and change, that's the art of music. Not every song needs to be pure 100% live vocals...it would be bland. I miss when she used to have vocals like Poker Face and Bad Romance. She doesn't sound the same anymore. It's like having a huge diversity of awesome instruments and then the same vocal repeated.

high heeled fem

Her vocals have never sounded unnatural on albums tho :shrug: Only on a few songs like HML where it was obvs intentional

okay on HML that is so cool i think this is different. like HML :rockstar: gaga would have chosen that bad asss sounds 

she means like the start so if u listen to the early version of EH EH different lyrics that was scrapped before the final product u can tell and its horrible :sick:  sounds odd lol (fyi is one of my fav songs!) lots of her early songs, thats why i never loved the same and it is my least fav record of hers... and i never got into her until the fame monster

Oh damn... :shocked:

She needs to EXPOSE everyone responsible for ****ing up the Gypsy vocals, I mean :awkney:

What's wrong with the Gypsy vocals?  :huh:  I can only think of one moment during the last chorus where it's obvious, but it doesn't affect the quality of the song IMO. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

I just find it sad that increasingly over the past year or so, Gaga's enlightened us to the amount of control she has over her music... and it's a lot less than she originally led us to believe.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

VforVendetta

The vibrato thing is something I've been thinking forever, I'm glad she spoke up about it.

She does sound extremely unnatural on literally all of her albums.

I actually only notice this a lot on TF. On her other albums her voice seems very natural most of the time. (as natural as a voice in today's Pop can sound at least)

I just find it sad that increasingly over the past year or so, Gaga's enlightened us to the amount of control she has over her music... and it's a lot less than she originally led us to believe.

It's obvious that durng TF days she couldn't have as much freedom as she has now.

Archived