Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zexion_armando

Gaga has been over the top supportive of her record label since the beginning!

You making things up to create drama and negativity, is what is annoying and pointless.

Have you paid attention for the past year, and how she has to keep backtracking when she says something negative about them.

Not creating when its right there between the lines.

Get ****ing used to it

And no, Interscope isn't that great. They sign people with massive potential and they've asked to be dropped (Azalea and Azealia) because they felt their creativity was being stifled purely to make money. A label should work to do both. 

Interscope probably lets her have more control than if she was starting because of her success now, but they ultimately aren't in it for the artists.

Never said Interscope was great, but all she does this era is whine and whine and whine, its offputting.

Playing the victim is all she does anymore.

Better Day

Interscope made the right choice, then.

Most of the songs sound great because of the chances. The Robot Autotune voice worked very well for most of the Fame.

Her constant "****ting" on her label is getting annoying and its mostly pointless at this point.

Interscope treats you better than a bunch of other places, Gaga, get the **** over it. If you want real torture and control, go work at Island Def Jam again lol.

Gurl, How long have you been a Monster? 

You must know Gaga likes to control every aspect of her career, She doesn't want to be a puppet. She is showing the music industry as the money grabbing machine as it is. We know ARTPOP was controlled by her management/record label. She doesn't want that, She wants to make albums the way she intends them to be. 

Yeah Interscope treats her better but she still wants complete control over her music, I complain (as many people) about life all the time, Yeah they are people worse off than me in the world, but I am complaining about things that affect me right here and right now, I couldn't care about wee Alejandro in the middle of Brazil (Who I will never meet) who is starving because he will never affect my life, It is the same with Gaga, She knows they are artists out there that is worse off (creativity wise) than here. Gaga is complaing that she is controlled and she doesn't like it. So she shouldn't 'get over it' she wants artists to put out music they want instead of making a simple song for a quick #1 for money. I like how Gaga is sticking up for her self 

Together You And I!

Whispering

Have you paid attention for the past year, and how she has to keep backtracking when she says something negative about them.

Not creating when its right there between the lines.

Yes, I have. Gaga has been highly complimentary of her label. She defended them at SXSW and has repeatedly made sure that people knew she wasn't talking about them when she was referring to management problems.

I don't have to "read between the lines"...make things up...because Gaga has spelled it out in interviews and in black and white that Interscope has been completely supportive of her.

"Reading between the lines" is making things up in your head, and that's what you are doing.

She will do whatever her record label has her do in the end. Unless you are a completely independent artist, a record label controls a certain amount of everything! Some signed artists have more say than others, but in the end...not even artists like Gaga get to call all the shots.

That's just the way it is.

Idk, if she truly was THAT unhappy with this, and felt it stood in direct opposition to her artistry and what she stands for, she would drop from her label. But, ofc, she won't do that. 

codymonster

Interscope made the right choice, then.

Most of the songs sound great because of the chances. The Robot Autotune voice worked very well for most of the Fame.

Her constant "****ting" on her label is getting annoying and its mostly pointless at this point.

Interscope treats you better than a bunch of other places, Gaga, get the **** over it. If you want real torture and control, go work at Island Def Jam again lol.

The funny thing is, she hasn't said anything negative about her record label in this article. She's simply pointing out that they forced her to use auto tune when she didn't want to. If they didn't want her to say that, they shouldn't have done it.

If nobody talks about this kind of stuff, we'll never be able to move away from this auto tuned pop mess that our culture is pushing. I'm glad she tells us what goes on behind the scenes. And since they did it to her, she had every right to talk about it.

Whispering

Idk, if she truly was THAT unhappy with this, and felt it stood in direct opposition to her artistry and what she stands for, she would drop from her label. But, ofc, she won't do that. 

Gaga can't drop from her label...not without a major lawsuit. She would be in limbo with no new music coming for years. She would lose in a court of law and no other label would want to touch her. She would be blackballed in the entire music industry, including radio.

Gaga didn't say she was unhappy. She didn't say that she didn't get to share her artistry in most ways.She didn't say her record label wasn't supportive of her overall.

Soul Hybrid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbv8GDJMD5s

Jesus Christ :toofunny: (thank god this was not the final Eh Eh song  :sick: )

So she shouldn't 'get over it' she wants artists to put out music they want instead of making a simple song for a quick #1 for money. I like how Gaga is sticking up for her self 

But why though? She said herself during the promotion of Applause that she does not know that well how to sell her music.

Then maybe she should shut up and let smarter people decide for her :roll:

She can still sing the way she wants on at least half of the album, she gets that much freedom for sure.

She feels that the songs and singles represent her and but that's why this bothers her, but let's be real she sounds better so I don't know why she has to complain all the time about everything

13VictorC

Well at least the use of auto-tune still allowed her to reach her incredible level of success.

It's great to hear the truth.

But I like it when she uses it intentionally, she should still do that. (HML, ARTPOP backing vocals...)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Archived