đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's flop to the top: why we're all part of her plan

LordDisick

Featured Posts

FameHookah

People are reading way too much into an album under performing :sharon:

She made a lot more changes during BTW (her meetings with Obama, speeches, message etc)

What has she done this era that's memorable? Flopped, dragged Katy whilst screaming at her own fans to promote online kindness, had one hell of a awful sculpture made of her and said "eh" in a forest....... Yeah the impact this era has been huge smh

She is having a bad time, let her recharge her pop batteries a bit ...

WTF is MDNA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thefamebitch

It raises a good point. Except that people who are deemed flops rarely stay "flops" long. Either they find new success or they just disappear. Being a "flop" is really not a stable and lasting status like the writer implies.

Christina Aguilera says hello

Bambino

I wish we could just not think about her "flop" too much tbh. All artists flop at some point of their careers and Gaga is no exception. The era was a mess. The management was a mess. Whatever you call it, it was a mess. Now hope she gets over it and moves on. The C2C era seems to be well planned so far but nobody seems to be that much interested about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it definitely raises an interesting point as to how we as a collective society view celebrities, their "downfall", and how Gaga's own "downfall" is a funny little exception.

3 points in and ready for more

Its gaga's fault for the reception she gets. I think she should have taken inspiration for something like this

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Slay a little.

It's becoming more obvious that she doesn't want to be seen as just a pop star but has yet to break away from that image completely. Everyone is still judging her success based upon things such as chart success while she is having her work with Robert Wilson hung in The Louvre.

I doubt she will be deemed a flop for very long. I think C2C and her next album have a good chance at reaching number one and she has a lot of exciting project in the future such as her uni-s-x perfume and her space performance.

I think at this point she knows she will be an enduring figure in pop culture, now she can really steer her legacy in any direction that she chooses.

I totally agree with this. And your comment about Robert Wilson is absolutely true. People are so focused on charts and radio- those are a PART of an artist's success. And honestly, being in the LOUVRE speaks way more about success artistically than having your song played while people are driving to work.

Archived