LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duella Dvil

CONSULT MANIFESTO OF LITTLE MONSTERS

Her fans need to start buying her albums again

and not downloading from blogs and piratebay tbh.

If you want her to hit diamonds certifications like some of you dream of,

better buy that CDs because it won't become Diamond certified by itself.

LOL i have soooooooooooooooooooo many of her albums

www.instagram.com/theduella666

RAMROD

CONSULT MANIFESTO OF LITTLE MONSTERS

LOL i have soooooooooooooooooooo many of her albums

Same. Still so many don't, in here.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

giskardsb

Then hopefully she finds some mainstream success again in order to stay relevant.

the point of the article is that she is still relevant even when people say she isn't.   That her influence is bigger than just song hits.

Willy Wonka

the point of the article is that she is still relevant even when people say she isn't.   That her influence is bigger than just song hits.

Did you read my first post? And djBuffoon's reply? Otherwise you're taking my comment out of context.

giskardsb

Did you read my first post? And djBuffoon's reply? Otherwise you're taking my comment out of context.

sure, maybe  I misunderstood.  I guess it depends on one's definition of "mainstream success".  I don't think she ever has to be as hugely popular as she was in order to remain culturally relevant into the future.

Willy Wonka

sure, maybe  I misunderstood.  I guess it depends on one's definition of "mainstream success".  I don't think she ever has to be as hugely popular as she was in order to remain culturally relevant into the future.

It depends on one's definition of "culturally relevant" as well.

giskardsb

It depends on one's definition of "culturally relevant" as well.

well, everything pretty much depends on definitions. ;)

XoXoJoanneGaga
"It seems as though no one is paying attention anymore to the self-proclaimed exhibitionist, yet no one can take their eyes off of her."

Yea, this part isn't accurate. There was a severe lack of interest in everything she did this era. Most people aren't cognizant of anything she did this past year, they definitely did take their eyes off her.

But I agree with the idea that she can become a Beyoncé-type icon, who can have success and cultural impact without having a ton of Top 10 hits. But she needs one more huge era before she can move on to that stage of her career.

Yea, this part isn't accurate. There was a severe lack of interest in everything she did this era. Most people aren't cognizant of anything she did this past year, they definitely did take their eyes off her.

But I agree with the idea that she can become a Beyoncé-type icon, who can have success and cultural impact without having a ton of Top 10 hits. But she needs one more huge era before she can move on to that stage of her career.

I disagree with you and agree with the article. I mean she is supposedly "flopping" right now. Her career is supposedly almost over. And yet ARTPOP is still among the best selling album, she is currently selling out dates all over the world, and she still gets headlines almost every day. Like the article says, the only reason she is called a flop is because people still care enough to notice that she is not selling as much as she used to.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I disagree with you and agree with the article. I mean she is supposedly "flopping" right now. Her career is supposedly almost over. And yet ARTPOP is still among the best selling album, she is currently selling out dates all over the world, and she still gets headlines almost every day. Like the article says, the only reason she is called a flop is because people still care enough to notice that she is not selling as much as she used to.

ARTPOP topped out at 700k in the US and hasn't charted since the start of the year, it's definitely not amongst the highest selling albums. And yes she made a lot of headlines due to the massive sales drop, but that doesn't translate to public interest. If the public was interested then we wouldn't have such a drastic sales drop. 

Her career is far from over now, but if her next era puts up the same or worse numbers then she won't be relevant again. The article's suggesting that she's already in a safe place in her career where she can underperform and still be hugely relevant, but that's not true. She needs at least one more big era to create that kind of stable relationship with the public (like Bey has).

ARTPOP topped out at 700k in the US and hasn't charted since the start of the year, it's definitely not amongst the highest selling albums. And yes she made a lot of headlines due to the massive sales drop, but that doesn't translate to public interest. If the public was interested then we wouldn't have such a drastic sales drop. 

Her career is far from over now, but if her next era puts up the same or worse numbers then she won't be relevant again. The article's suggesting that she's already in a safe place in her career where she can underperform and still be hugely relevant, but that's not true. She needs at least one more big era to create that kind of stable relationship with the public (like Bey has).

That is just the U.S. sales. But the thing is that Gaga manages to grab attention even if her music is not selling well because she is involved in many things and her name alone is already world wide famous.

freebit

Well, I think she did lose some interest, but if it was a severe case as you describe she would have been allowed to flop in peace like Brit did with Britney Jean.

People are reading way too much into an album under performing :sharon:

She made a lot more changes during BTW (her meetings with Obama, speeches, message etc)

What has she done this era that's memorable? Flopped, dragged Katy whilst screaming at her own fans to promote online kindness, had one hell of a awful sculpture made of her and said "eh" in a forest....... Yeah the impact this era has been huge smh

Archived