Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey: "I'm not selling the record"

LordDisick

Featured Posts

SEVDALIZA

Well duh

well duh right back at you, read what's in the op :roll: "I really could care less" - Which means, she cares to some degree

operating from another world

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ermm not sure if yall realize that she did 0 promo in us for uv 0 PROMO no hit lead single and it sold like 180k first week (btd sold 77k) 

Blue Jeans

Said the singer whoes father helped with the marketing of her failed debut album Lana Del Ray

Her "failed debut album" is still top 50 on Billboard top 200, where is ARTPOP ?

and you really believe everything you read right ? :sharon:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

TimisaMonster

"The only thing I have to do is whatever I want, and I want to write whatever I want. I just hope people don't ask me about it. So I don't feel a responsibility at all. I mean, I just don't. I feel responsible in other ways, community-wise - to be a good citizen, abide by the law."

But precisely how does she want the public to hear those lines? "I just don't want them to hear it at all," she says, pouting a little. "I'm very selfish. I make everything for me, kind of. I mean, every little thing, down to the guitar and the drums. It's just for me. I want to hear it, I want to drive to it, I want to swim in the ocean to it. I want to think about it, and then I want to write something new after it. You know? It's just . . . I don't want 
them to hear it and think about it. It's none of their business!"

But, um, isn't she selling people this music? "I'm not selling the record," she says. "I'm signed to a label who's selling the record. I don't need to make any money. I really could care less. But I do care about making music. I would do it either way. So that's why it has to be on my terms."

Sounds very narcissistic here, like she doesn't care to communicate.

This...if you don't care about money or you don't want people to listen to your music....WHY sign to a lable UNLESS you want the money, fame, and millions to hear your music? :roll:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Said the singer whoes father helped with the marketing of her failed debut album Lana Del Ray

failed? its platinum and sold more than four million copies worldwide as of July 2014

Desperado

Lmfaoooo poor you bringing that old information like nobody knew about it FOH

well duh right back at you, read what's in the op :roll: "I really could care less" - Which means, she cares to some degree

a lot of people get them confused its not that serious, we all know what she meant  :toofunny:

So why did she have to sign a label in the first place?

i think shes just over everything, after paradise. which is why she let go of her persona/image 

South Blonde

So she should do what interscope wants, and release an album she's not comfortable singing ? you should be praising her for standing up to her artistic vision and go through with it.. the album is not commercial but it still went #1 what her debut album failled to do.. if Insterscope and Lana we're promoting it more maybe the album sales would increase, but she really doesn't care.. and don't tell me to calm down, i'm nice to my friends not to delusional haters :awkney:

Hater? Yeah, just whatever... The point is not that Lana is not promoting her album, it's Interscope that doesn't want to. She was probably complaining about her label in that statement but I guess that's just too hard to understand for you...  :laughga:

P.S. I love Lana and Ultraviolence and I do praise her artistic vision.

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

Archived