💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey: "I'm not selling the record"

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah,yeah. Where have I heard that before.

pls.

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Why did she get signed in the forst place then?

I mean... it is a bit contradictory, isn't it? You could be playing at the subway ^^

Music not the bling means that you don't write your music thinking of the charts, not that you can't be happy when people receive well your music because that means that what you wanted to do is liked and it is touching people, caring about that is nothing to feel bad about :)

But Gaga did make ARTPOP with the charts in mind. Quote in OP: "Every song was designed to be a hit, every song was designed to be radio friendly". 

And to the people saying it's narcissistic to only make music for yourself, that was the whole reason Gaga made Jewels N Drugs (she said so at Swinefest).

I can understand her from a certain perspective, but this is really why I could never stan for someone like her.

Gaga lives entirely for what she does, she puts so much work and effort into everything. Her music, her fashion, her choreography, her music videos. She works hard at everything, not necessarily to sell a million records, but because she believes so much in her art and loves what she does.

If Lana just cares about writing music, that's fine. Maybe she could write songs for other people who are talented vocalist or people who love performing.

Archived