Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does this fanbase care more about the promo than the product?

Quark

Featured Posts

no it's just that ARTPOP was lacking so much promo that it seemed like ppl wanted it more

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is the problem. Fans cared more about the promo, than the product. They are the ones that let the promo overshadow what is most important.

I think a lot of us wanted the rest of the world to appreciate how amazing the product was too though, all that is impossible without a good promo strategy and execution. We're just used to her being in this top positioning and (for the most part) flaw free when it comes to the roll out of her chart dominance. 

So is not possible to enjoy an album without anything else?

For a pop album from an established visual artist? Yes. And same goes to all products. The excitement for an album alone, a movie release alone, a TV show premiere alone will be short-lived no matter what without the added extras such as promo. Promo's the one that keeps that interest, excitement going. And these are the things that make the experience more enjoyable for the consuming audience. The keyword here is "more". 

I think a lot of us wanted the rest of the world to appreciate how amazing the product was too though, all that is impossible without a good promo strategy and execution. We're just used to her being in this top positioning and (for the most part) flaw free when it comes to the roll out of her chart dominance.

Is not bad to want her to succeed. What is bad is that the promo is sometimes the focus.

well during ARTPOP the music was overshadowed by how bad the era was handled compared to her other eras

For a pop album from an established visual artist? Yes. And same goes to all products. The excitement for an album alone, a movie release alone, a TV show premiere alone will be short-lived no matter what without the added extras such as promo. Promo's the one that keeps that interest, excitement going. And these are the things that make the experience more enjoyable for the consuming audience. The keyword here is "more".

The thing is that even though promo was not the best, people here act like she did nothing. And then the focus of discussions becomes the promo and not the music.

An entire album of songs, 3 music videos (counting ARTPOP film), At least 7 TV performances, 2 festivals, and the artrave.

Girl, we got 2 videos. The ARTPOP Film is the same as GUY. Exact same video except with a long ass into and credits. 

That is because you chose to make the promo the focus of attention.

Not really. I enjoyed the music, but there is no denying the era was poorly handled. The TV performances, like the early ones, were poorly rehearsed (X Factor) or just bizarre (SMAPxSMAP). Plus, many of the TV performances were no in the U.S., where she needed the promo the most. As for the festival performances, we don't any have HD videos, most of them are poor, and the performances were just part of the ARTrave, so we saw nothing new. You can like the music by itself all you want, but there is no denying that in the pop world, your public appearances are also important and can enhance or tarnish the experience of an album.

FameHungry

Well it's good to see an album you love do well and when things don't go to plan, it can be a bit frustrating. But some here were affected by that and decided they didn't like the album for that reason.

But there were a lot of ideas/concepts with this album and era and I think Gaga tried her best to show all of them. I think as a whole, the implementation didn't seem put together, a bit messy but maybe the reason is because ARTPOP was a very huge concept for her to get across. And she did say it could mean anything which would explain why the direction of this era was constantly changing. 

Ladey Gagz

An entire album of songs, 3 music videos (counting ARTPOP film), At least 7 TV performances, 2 festivals, and the artrave.

Well gurl an album of songs :flop: I hope an album has songs :sharon:

Am I forgetting something or am I the only one who's counting 2 music videos :huh:

Festivals = ArtRave or is it not

I'm not complaining but what YOU said was a bit... messy

Is not bad to want her to succeed. What is bad is that the promo is sometimes the focus.

Unfortunately in this day and age promo = success, as such a lot of us want to harp on the whole situation that worked out against her and how things weren't handled in a way that is seemingly simplistic to us (although I'm sure there's more in's and out's than we would ever know). 

TimisaMonster

What's the point of being a pop star... Make great music... And NOT promote it?

Yeah... Shocker that fans care about promo :duck:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived