Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fixed

I wanted to write that honestly. Didn't want a WP :rip:

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Cody Draco

Gaga did it ONCE, Christina Aguilera remix wasn't really a rent-a-rapper thing. More like an alternative version cause they performed it on The Voice, it got radio play etc.

There is also a DWUW remix with a rent-a-rapper called Rick Ross.

TEANUS

There is also a DWUW remix with a rent-a-rapper called Rick Ross.

Read the whole thing over again ;) I said Gaga did it once, meaning with Rick Ross :kisses:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Cody Draco

Read the whole thing over again ;) I said Gaga did it once, meaning with Rick Ross :kisses:

By "did it once" I thought you were referring to the Christina remix. My bad. :ohwell:

StrawberryBlond

As for what you state in your 1st paragraph, remixes are meant to RE-mix a song, reinvent it, make it different, mix it up, change it up, so I really don't understand your complaining.

As for the 2nd paragraph of your complaint, Capitol is a Music Bussiness Company, which like every company in the world aims for profitable acts and actions.So why does it surprise you? It makes them look desperate?... Their bussiness, literally! I wish I could make some money out of looking desperate, I'd be millionaire by now...  the same most people would, the same way your 'desperate-for-just-bashing' Bibles, would've made you billionaire long time ago around here!

:lolgaga:

But the essential essence of the song should remain intact. There are remixes where the entire song is still present, but the actual music is different. A lot of Gaga remixes are like that. Remixes nowadays...I don't even know how they count towards sales of the original as they resemble about 10% of the original.

But desperation is not a good look and it reflects poorly on the artist, leading to accusations of selling out and/or cheating the system to get a hit. Once an artist gets associated with things like this, it can be the beginning of the end. It may sell a couple more copies, but is it worth it when the artist's reputation suffers so much for it? And less of the smartass attitude. I don't bash, I critique intellectually and I only do it when there's a need to.

Archived