đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LISTEN: Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" NEW remix

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

Why are you guys dragging Katy with this, do you want me to name all the DWUW remixes? :shrug:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

Another remix that adds nothing and makes the song sound far more epic and foreboding that it actually is. If you heard this and the Brillz remix, you'd think it was a song about a criminal gang or something. The deep voice saying "this is how we do" followed by dark sounding, edgy electronic beats and not much else makes you wonder exactly what's going on in this song. Then you hear the original and it's all cutsey bubblegum imagery like making pancakes, checking out hotties, getting your nails done and singing karaoke. It doesn't match the remixes at all. It doesn't even snatch parts of the verses, but just one line of the entire song and an occasional "bring the beat back." It's like these beats were just stock sounds that could have been shoved over any song and weren't designed for Katy in particular. These continuous remixes are getting really cringey now. 3 remixes for a song is one thing if the song has already achieved a certain level of success, but using them purely to boost a song that's not getting anywhere in the first place reflects really badly on the artist.

Capitol are clearly in panic mode now that Katy has had 3 flops this era (and all 3 were safe, generic choices) and are throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks. It's beyond me why they couldn't arrange better, well-known remixers this time around when they got her hooked up with the best choices last era. If she keeps on flopping like this, she's never going to have a collab with the likes of Snoop/Kanye/Missy again. Let's not pretend that their big names helped sell those songs. Without them, who knows, maybe she would have just missed the #1 spot. The way this is going, I can see Katy not releasing that acoustic album she keeps bringing up. If even her generic pop songs can no longer sell, how will acoustic ballads do? I bet Capitol still get Thinking Of You and Unconditionally flashbacks that make them phobic about ever releasing a Katy ballad again.

As for what you state in your 1st paragraph, remixes are meant to RE-mix a song, reinvent it, make it different, mix it up, change it up, so I really don't understand your complaining.

As for the 2nd paragraph of your complaint, Capitol is a Music Bussiness Company, which like every company in the world aims for profitable acts and actions.So why does it surprise you? It makes them look desperate?... Their bussiness, literally! I wish I could make some money out of looking desperate, I'd be millionaire by now...  the same most people would, the same way your 'desperate-for-just-bashing' Bibles, would've made you billionaire long time ago around here!

:lolgaga:

GypsyPrince

Not you guys complaining about the remixes to boost sales when Gaga did exactly that for Do What U Want. :rip:

TEANUS

Gaga did it ONCE, Christina Aguilera remix wasn't really a rent-a-rapper thing. More like an alternative version cause they performed it on The Voice, it got radio play etc.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Gaga did it ONCE, Christina Aguilera remix wasn't really a rent-a-rapper thing. More like an alternative version cause they performed it on The Voice, it got radio play etc.

that remix was "fans i wont release the video so take this and be quiet" :dies:

TEANUS

that remix was "fans i wont release the video so take this and be quiet" :dies:

:lmao:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Don't forget the Rick Ross remix.

Dangerous Man

As for what you state in your 1st paragraph, remixes are meant to RE-mix a song, reinvent it, make it different, mix it up, change it up, so I really don't understand your complaining.

As for the 2nd paragraph of your complaint, Capitol is a Music Bussiness Company, which like every company in the world aims for profitable acts and actions.So why does it surprise you? It makes them look desperate?... Their bussiness, literally! I wish I could make some money out of looking desperate, I'd be millionaire by now... the same most people would, the same way your 'desperate-for-just-bashing' Bibles, would've made you billionaire long time ago around here!

:lolgaga:

This.

People are just fond of spitting out that word "desperate" out of nothing when everyone in business are just doing what they can to gain money. Without money, obvs your faves can't release their materials.

This Is How We Do (Grandtheft Remix) (23 Days Ago)This Is How We Do (Ft. Riff Raff) (8 Days Ago)This Is How We Do (Brillz Remix) (15 Days Ago)

So there's three official remixes? I love remixes (except rapper ones) but typically you release a few remixes at once in an EP. Not just randomly. I think that's why people are so bitter about these remixes. Not to mention where's the Roar remixes? or Dark Horse? The only remixes this era are for Birthday and TIHWD so it seems like they're trying too hard. I'm not bitter towards Katy for these remixes cause I think it's the label doing all this not her.

But why are you bitter?

LetsGetHigh

Why are you guys dragging Katy with this, do you want me to name all the DWUW remixes? :shrug:

1. DWUW is the only song she was desperate for.

2. There's one remix with that weird guy in it.

3. There's an XTINA version, more of a feature than a remix.

4. The Solo version wasn't a desperare remix for sales to reach top 10 on BB hot 100 since it was only available in Spain.

:later:

Dangerous Man

1. DWUW is the only song she was desperate for.

2. There's one remix with that weird guy in it.

3. There's an XTINA version, more of a feature than a remix.

4. The Solo version isn't really a remix since it was only available in Spain.

:later:

See? Even Gaga did that at least once and that doesnt make difference to Katy even if she did that multiple times. Also, we all know it's the label who forced Katy to do that bc that's their business. They are not killing people or destroying others' life so why would you guys drag Katy every single time.

And you guys are complaining why exhale is always coming for Gagz when this fanbase is obvs the same to Katy? Lol.

LetsGetHigh

And you guys are complaining why exhale is always coming for Gagz when this fanbase is obvs the same to Katy? Lol.

Excuse me? I am not a Katy Perry hater, in fact, I am a fan. However, we are nothing like Exhale. We do not plot against Katy nor try to sabotage her projects. People here just state their mind. Even though sometimes it may be too rude or just plain offensive, we never come CLOSE to the Exhale posts regarding celebrities other than Britney.

Dangerous Man

Excuse me? I am not a Katy Perry hater, in fact, I am a fan. However, we are nothing like Exhale. We do not plot against Katy nor try to sabotage her projects. People here just state their mind. Even though sometimes it may be too rude or just plain offensive, we never come CLOSE to the Exhale posts regarding celebrities other than Britney.

I still don't see the difference. Katy is always getting dragged here whatever she does.

SharGaga

Do some y'all not have lifes other than being pressed lil pricks. :lmao: I like the remix :music:

Archived