💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What does the random star mean on the ARTPOP album cover?

Quark

Featured Posts

It looks pretty with it right there for some reason.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeka

nothing is random.

Yes but you are saying the star has a "meaning". I'm saying the star has a "use". Two completely different concepts.

Maybe if this was complete and utter surrealism, you might have a point, but this is not surrealism or abstract. This is just a star on the cover of a CD.

Not to mention, Koons only did the statue. He did not do the cover.

I swear to you, in most of the art pieces I've seen, not every individual part of the piece had a meaning. It had a use, but no meaning.

Yes but you are saying the star has a "meaning". I'm saying the star has a "use". Two completely different concepts.

Maybe if this was complete and utter surrealism, you might have a point, but this is not surrealism or abstract. This is just a star on the cover of a CD.

Not to mention, Koons only did the statue. He did not do the cover.

I swear to you, in most of the art pieces I've seen, not every individual part of the piece had a meaning. It had a use, but no meaning.

I'm studying art, and the "use" is supposed to give a meaning. For example pollock used to put paint all over the canvas this may seem random, but every movement of his hands was the result of a reasoning, even if the final product was not clear the process was caused by a feeling.

Seeka

I'm studying art, and the "use" is supposed to give a meaning. For example pollock used to put paint all over the canvas this may seem random, but every movement of his hands was the result of a reasoning, even if the final product was not clear the process was caused by a feeling.

Just so you know, the study of art? It's bullsh!t. What you said can't even be a generalization.

What you just said? It can be an utterly random thought process of the artist think "Ooohh this looks pretty. I think I'll do it again." you can't possibly know the thoughts in someone's head as they are doing creative work.

I don't know many artists who have a meaning behind every single stroke and every single detail of the picture. I know artists who have reasoning. I have reasoning behind some of the things I draw, write, photograph, and some of those having meaning. But not every single thing I do has meaning.

Plus in a world where artists draw p0rn for money, I kind of doubt what is done there has meaning other than "I am drawing two furries doing some niche fetish **** for money."

Its a metaphor for life, the star has 5 points, just like we all pass 5 points in our life ; birth, walking, growing up &learning from our mistakes, becoming adults and then death.

But then again, the star is white, this color is known for being a symbol for things like peace, hope etc... so this is another metaphor, it says that life is worth it! don't commit suicide!

That's actually what ARTPOP is all about.

thats very deep of you

It's Gaga's Star power shinning over Katy  :reductive:

Don't be insecure if you heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby.

Archived