💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Don't Bash Cheek To Cheek

prince

Featured Posts

i've always liked jazz. I love ella fitzgerald, billie holiday, louis armstrong, etc. I'm needless to say excited for c2c

Why do we have to defend ourselves in liking jazz? Even if someone didn't like jazz before gaga, at least now they are being introduced to a new genre of music to enjoy!

its really hard to detect people who enjoy jazz... between people whos deluded with gaga's name.

i know some people genuinely likes jazz, and i've got no problem with that :)

00026 † 10000

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad we are getting more threads like this - there's a difference between not liking something, and being oppressively rude about it.

Rollercoaster

I have a question to all the people slating the Jazz album(s)

Did you like every single track on every single album Gaga has ever made?

No? Well then this is just a collection of those. No need to soil yourselves.

Benji

How is it refreshing? we've seen/heard Gaga attempt Jazz covers before.

So many people forget Gaga started singing jazz publicly before Born This Way was even released :rip:

SlaeUrAnus

I am here for jazz, but I am not hyped up about the album. It just does not really tickle my fancy compared to a solid pop album.

If people do not like it then they do not like it.

In my messy era.

RAMROD

Agreed, you can not liking the album all you want.

But please, don't go b---hing at any given time and space.

That is becoming exhausting.

We get it, you hate it. And leave it at that.

But there are some of us who actually enjoy the wind of change.

Sulk on your diary or something.

And don't rain on someone else's parade.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

If someone doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. If someone does, he does. Now stop with the bull**** of accepting everything Gaga does.  We're not her slaves, we're her fans.

question... before gaga introduced jazz... did you like it? or even noticed its existence?

or gaga's name was in it.. so you liked it?

Both. I enjoy all genres (well, almost. Ganster rap, screamo and metal are not really my cup of tea :toofunga: ), but my favourite genre is pop music. I'll still enjoy it if she makes a Jazz album, if she makes electropop like usual, if she makes rock, if she makes bubblegum pop, etc.

gagaisitalian

But we don't have to like it just because it's Gaga...

I don't hate it either tho, it's just not my cup of :tea:

This.

Whispering

question... before gaga introduced jazz... did you like it? or even noticed its existence?

Yes. Yes.

No.

Even if the answers are just the opposite for some fans, how does it hurt if Gaga helps to introduce a new (to these fans) genre of music to people who have never considered it before?

I fail to see the problem here.

Torsoface

tbh

Whispering

so her true happiness was in jazz all along? and every thing she did before was a lie? everything we discovered about her before, that made us her fans, was a lie?

No, it wasn't. Now, she is doing something different for a while in between albums. It's an opportunity of a lifetime, for an artist to work with a legend and their Idol.

If you aren't happy with this era, take a break, find a hobby, find another artist (or several) to follow. When she puts out her next solo album of original songs, if you like it, come back...if not, you wouldn't have wasted a year whining and complaining over something you have no control over.

You have a choice in this matter.

It's absolutely fine for some fans not be excited about this jazz album, it's to be expected because she has a lot of young fans who have never had an experience with that genre of music. What isn't okay is how some of those fans are expressing their lack of excitement in really disrespectful ways; the amount of ageist comments I've read recently, along with the rudeness towards Gaga herself for her decision to venture into the jazz world again is pretty ****ing appalling.

Archived