Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think that from now on, anyone that makes something that seems "ARTPOP", will be traced back to Gaga. From now on the ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga. Now, don't get me wrong, Gaga definitely did not invent the musical genre that is ARTPOP. There is music and concepts from artists before Gaga, that can be classified as ARTPOP. However, Gaga is clearly the first one to try to make it a movement. She is the one that tried to make these reverse-warholian concept mainstream. To continue, there are many people, including her own fans, that think that Gaga failed with this concept of ARTPOP either because the music wasn't "ARTPOP" enough, or because the album wasn't as successful as many hoped for. But at the end of the day, whether or not you think Gaga succeeded with this concept won't matter. Because the idea, the intention, and the movement, will once again, always be attributed to Gaga.

Finally, Gaga has always been ARTPOP, and she will forever be ARTPOP. And her message that ART should be leading POP will live forvever.

@rxckstarhigh that is not true my darling! ARTPOP is message for the ages!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

She said that she didn't invent the concept of ARTPOP and that she saw herself as a "student of art" instead of someone who had already found her voice multiple times before and during the era.

So.. no, she isn't the first one and she wouldn't ever dare to say that.

i dont agree, in reality she never really got the ARTPOP message across to anyone, it couldve been a cool movement thing but most of us still seem to be at a loss as to wtf she was on about

Well the concept of Bionic will forever be attributed to Christina Aguilera when it comes to music but is that a good thing?

Did you read my op? I did say she did not invent the concept. But she did start the true mainstream movement.

She said that she didn't invent the concept of ARTPOP and that she saw herself as a "student of art" instead of someone who had already found her voice multiple times before and during the era.

So.. no, she isn't the first one and she wouldn't ever dare to say that.

It already was before Gaga

ARTPOP is a musical genre now?

Didymus

Did you read my op? I did say she did not invent the concept. But she did start the true mainstream movement.

But I don't see how she did at all and you didn't explain it, so I chose to ignore that.

Please explain, though, I'm curious how Gaga started a mainstream art movement.

the term "art pop" which has been used for decades in the musical world will actually contribute to people forgetting that gaga did a thing called art pop too, since people will be using it continually without making reference to gaga.

not really  :koons:  :koons: with fans maybe but not with gp cause she failed to make it mainstream 

Its quite simple. Never before has an artist as big as Gaga pushed this concept to the mainstream media. Never before has anyone purposelly stated that they want to put art in front of pop. And like I said, if you think she failed. It won't matter. Because the intentions and message will forever be traced back to Gaga.

But I don't see how she did at all and you didn't explain it, so I chose to ignore that.

Please explain, though, I'm curious how Gaga started a mainstream art movement.

TraeumereiLPB

She sould've named this album 'Venus'. Period.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

But she did because Gaga herself is mainstream. Even if all the articles called it artflop, they at least new what Gaga's intentions were.

not really  :koons:  :koons: with fans maybe but not with gp cause she failed to make it mainstream 

Didymus

Its quite simple. Never before has an artist as big as Gaga pushed this concept to the mainstream media. Never before has anyone purposelly stated that they want to put art in front of pop. And like I said, if you think she failed. It won't matter. Because the intentions and message will forever be traced back to Gaga.

Well, does someone need to say that they will do it to make it last forever? Other artists have just.. "done" it without stating that that was the intention. That's why I think Gaga saying she'll do it but actually not doing anything different will actually make ARTPOP the last era people will think of. I think her TFM era has a lot more chance, honestly :rip:

Except no one has pushed the movement as hard as Gaga. Even if they remember ARTPOP as a failure, by doing so, they will immediately have to remember Gaga's ambitious intentions.

the term "art pop" which has been used for decades in the musical world will actually contribute to people forgetting that gaga did a thing called art pop too, since people will be using it continually without making reference to gaga.

Archived