💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

Basic in what way? Have you paid attention to the symbolism and meaning of the lyrics. Have you paid attention to the way Gaga sings some songs like Aura? The production is also very good and creative on some of these songs. Anyways, like I keep saying, this in my opinion.

Why though? They're all fairly basic pop songs apart from Do What U Want, but let's face it people are going to forget about it soon enough and even then, it's not hugely ground breaking. She's been thrown up on before (Monster Ball) and she's far from the first woman on stage to play the role of Marilyn so I really doubt any of this is going to be remembered long term.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they all think that because it didn't have huge sales, chart toppers, immediate impact, and or because it includes modern musical influences that it won't be remember.

Finally. The OP is one of the only person that understand what I'm trying to say for ages but people here are either too stupid and immature or only see short term impact.

Benji

Basic in what way? Have you paid attention to the symbolism and meaning of the lyrics. Have you paid attention to the way Gaga sings some songs like Aura? The production is also very good and creative on some of these songs. Anyways, like I keep saying, this in my opinion.

I've been paying a lot of attention but to just be met with little, nearly nothing at all. Aura's making statements, yes, but let's admit it... how much of a strong statement is it? She's singing about female oppression, liberation and applying both to herself and claims to be taking off the veil which has supposedly been covering her real self from being seen.... but after all of that what comes? Pop song, after pop song, after pop song. Sure, some of the songs are great but won't be memorable in the long run because there's no new concepts or ideas in there.

I respect your opinion and I think I speak for everyone in the fanbase that we do appreciate and applaud the idea of ARTPOP but it's not been executed well enough to have any influence on culture or future music. Many pop artists take a fairly basic pop album and make "art" out of it, the concept of the era and idea is nothing more than observation of the industry, it existed before and will continue to exist after.

I respect your opinion too. But the fact that she even attempted such ambitious concept should be applauded and remembered.

I've been paying a lot of attention but to just me met with little, nearly nothing at all. Aura's making statements, yes, but let's admit it... how much of a strong statement is it? She's singing about female oppression, liberation and applying both to herself and claims to be taking off the veil which has supposedly been covering her real self from being seen.... but after all of that what comes? Pop song, after pop song, after pop song. Sure, some of the songs are great but won't be memorable in the long run because there's no new concepts or ideas in there.

I respect your opinion and I think I speak for everyone in the fanbase that we do appreciate and applaud the idea of ARTPOP but it's not been executed well enough to have any influence on culture or future music. Many pop artists take a fairly basic pop album and make "art" out of it, the concept of the era and idea is nothing more than observation of the industry, it existed before and will continue to exist after.

Benji

I respect your opinion too. But the fact that she even attempted such ambitious concept should be applauded and remembered.

The concept to me isn't actually ambitious, I mean the concept applies to so much already in pop music that it doesn't really mean anything. It's more of an observation than an invention.

The observation itself is the concept. ARTPOP could mean anything.

The concept to me isn't actually ambitious, I mean the concept applies to so much already in pop music that it doesn't really mean anything. It's more of an observation than an invention.

PinkBalloons

Please, can someone show me through audio/video what the ARTPOP concept is? I've listened to the album and it sounds like today's commercial electro, if not a little darker at times, and visually the album-era has a high Greek art/rave theme.

Many pop artists take a fairly basic pop album and make "art" out of it, the concept of the era and idea is nothing more than observation of the industry, it existed before and will continue to exist after.

That's how I choose to see it, no one has shown me another way :D

Kermit the frog

What concept has she been pushing to make mainstream? If you're talking about putting art in front of pop, she never actually did anything to contribute to that. Just saying you want to and having it as a title does not make you a pioneer.

True.

Archived