💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP concept will forever be attributed to Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

PopBitch

"Kate Bush, The Queen of Art-Pop Who Defied Her Critics."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/21/kate-bush-queen-of-art-pop-defied-critics-london-concerts

A quote of hers.

"Still, it's hard to think of an artist with such an amazing body of work who has produced such a small collection of quotable remarks. (Her only rival in this regard might be Prince.) Here, to close, is one she gave me that's not bad as a encapsulation of the spirit of Kate Bush and her Never Never Pop:. "That's what all art's about – a sense of moving away from boundaries that you can't – in real-life. Like a dancer is always trying to fly, really - to do something that's just not possible. But you try to do as much as you can within those physical boundaries. All art is like that: a form of exploration, of making up stories. Writing, film, sculpture, music: it's all make-believe, really."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The movement is not immediate or short termed. That is why Gaga keeps saying that ARTPOP message be for the ages. Also ARTPOP did not flop. It is her least successful album, but it still sold well. Anyways, flopping or not flopping does not matter. Beacuse even if you only remember ARTPOP for "flopping", that that will make you remember and a--lyze Gaga's ideas and intention. The ARTPOP term/concept will forever be associated with her.

The only thing that will be traced back and attributed to Gaga, and I was this with love, is how horribly she flopped with ARTPOP and its concept. It will be remembered, for sure, but in a negative way; the industry will see it as something they would not like to repeat at all costs and fans will see it as a disappointment (app, DWUW)

Again, I don't think she did. No one else is doing it, so there is no movement, and she floped in the eyes of the mainstream public, so no artist would want to take part in the movement (that doesn't exist)

Basically this. OK, she started with I&V, Robert Wilson, Jeff Koons and Marina Abramovic but she was over them a month later. So no movement.

Is okay if you want to laugh. But some of the most impactfull artistic works, scientific theories, ect. were bashed, trashed, when they first were presented to the world.

Sorry.  I broke out laughing at this absurdity.  No impact at all.  And the use of the word genre  confounds me.

Spock

The movement is not immediate or short termed. That is why Gaga keeps saying that ARTPOP message be for the ages. Also ARTPOP did not flop. It is her least successful album, but it still sold well. Anyways, flopping or not flopping does not matter. Beacuse even if you only remember ARTPOP for "flopping", that that will make you remember and a--lyze Gaga's ideas and intention. The ARTPOP term/concept will forever be associated with her.

What message? Because I don't think anyone is still 100% clear on that almost one year later.

It was seen as a failure by almost everyone, so OK, not flop (although it kind of did flop but that's another conversation), failure. And not because of the sales but because of what mess this has all been.

I don't agree at all. When someone looks back on all of this, they won't a--lyze the message or whatever but what a mess it all was and how it could have been done better. The failure takes importance over the message. The proof is in the fact that the majority of GGD wants to move on and leave it in the past.

who will love me when the night is over

PopBitch

Born This Way is the album that will have impact and be dissected and will gain more and more acclaim as the years pass.

Tbh the only thing wrong with the ARTPOP era was the promo. The music, videos, and performances were mostly all quality. And I guess you haven't heard bout the bad/negative things people said about Picasso, Van Gogh, and even other music artists like Madonna, Radiohead, when they first released their work. But now they are all praised for one thing or another.

What message? Because I don't think anyone is still 100% clear on that almost one year later.
It was seen as a failure by almost everyone, so OK, not flop (although it kind of did flop but that's another conversation), failure. And not because of the sales but because of what mess this has all been.

I don't agree at all. When someone looks back on all of this, they won't a--lyze the message or whatever but what a mess it all was and how it could have been done better. The failure takes importance over the message. The proof is in the fact that the majority of GGD wants to move on and leave it in the past.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Tbh the only thing wrong with the ARTPOP era was the promo. The music, videos, and performances were mostly all quality. And I guess you haven't heard bout the bad/negative things people said about Picasso, Van Gogh, and even other music artists like Madonna, Radiohead, when they first released their work. But now they are all praised for one thing or another.

That doesn't automatically mean that any album that gets a lackluster reception will be re-evaluated as some underrated masterpiece in the future. There's nothing in ARTPOP that will warrant re-evaluation. Outside of Dope and DWUW it's just typical Gaga dance music. When people re-evaluate her career in the future, they'll look back at The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and her later albums (assuming she has a comeback). ARTPOP will be the oft-forgotten footnote/interlude of her career.

Spock

As an Art History student, yeah, I have heard.

And that has nothing to do with this. I haven't said anything about the music and visuals because I like them. I was just discussing your movement theory. ARTPOP will be branded as a failure for other things

who will love me when the night is over

Doubt it. Songs like Aura, ARTPOP, her music videos like Applause and GUY, the album cover, performances like Swine or DWUW, and many other things will probably be a--lized for a long time. Anyways this is my opinion obviously.

That doesn't automatically mean that any album that gets a lackluster reception will be re-evaluated as some underrated masterpiece in the future. There's nothing in ARTPOP that will warrant re-evaluation. Outside of Dope and DWUW it's just typical Gaga dance music. When people re-evaluate her career in the future, they'll look back at The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and her later albums (assuming she has a comeback). ARTPOP will be the oft-forgotten footnote/interlude of her career.

It terms of commercial success and promo, most likely. But there are many artistic aspects about the performances, music, and music videos that will be a--lized for all long time.

As an Art History student, yeah, I have heard.

And that has nothing to do with this. I haven't said anything about the music and visuals because I like them. I was just discussing your movement theory. ARTPOP will be branded as a failure for other things

And you are basing this affirmation on what ? Your knowledge ?

I do think ARTPOP is probably the one the has the most chances off further a--lysis. She collaborated with Maria, Wilson and Koons please.

Benji

Doubt it. Songs like Aura, ARTPOP, her music videos like Applause and GUY, the album cover, and performances like Swine or DWUW will probably be a--lized for a long time. Anyways this is my opinion obviously.

Why though? They're all fairly basic pop songs apart from Do What U Want, but let's face it people are going to forget about it soon enough and even then, it's not hugely ground breaking. She's been thrown up on before (Monster Ball) and she's far from the first woman on stage to play the role of Marilyn so I really doubt any of this is going to be remembered long term.

ARTPOP will be traced back BEFORE Gaga.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Finally. The OP is one of the only person that understand what I'm trying to say for ages but people here are either too stupid and immature or only see short term impact.

XoXoJoanneGaga

And you are basing this affirmation on what ? Your knowledge ?

I do think ARTPOP is probably the one the has the most chances off further a--lysis. She collaborated with Maria, Wilson and Koons please.

Those collaborations are mostly weightless and uninteresting, the only one that's memorable is Koons because he made a giant statue of her. What did she do with Marina aside from walk naked in a forest? What did she do with Wilson? (I'm seriously asking cause I don't remember, and I followed this era lol).

I'm not saying the ARTPOP era won't be remembered at all, it certainly made an impression on the media and on Gaga fans (for better or worse), I'm just saying it won't be nearly as remembered as her first 3, it's impact is almonst non-existent in comparison. And as for the actual album, it's not going to be re-evaluated as some sort of masterpiece because it simply isn't one. It's not ahead of it's time, it doesn't have any brazen, polarizing lyrics. It's just another Gaga dance album.

Archived