💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Is There So Much Hate For Cheek to Cheek?

pachinko

Featured Posts

I think it's great that it's happening. And tbh, Gaga fans will never be happy. She promised us the album 2 years ago, and if it wouldn't have happened, people would've added it to the betrayals list, cried about the GRAMMYs she would've gotten, etc.

It's been like this since the start of her career ffs I don't get where all these threads are coming from now. If you guys thing she'll get 'back to the top' because she's 'showcasing' her vocals with a jazz album... Sistrens no, she's been showing her vocals all the time, a jazz album wont help.

In her normal songs, she doesn't really show off her vocals, and if she does (like in Bad Romance), people barely notices it because it's overshadowed by the big production.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic

It's not hate, it's indifference.

The music is beautiful, Gaga sounds amazing, but C2C does NOTHING for me. I don't itch to play Anything Goes when I get home, I don't play it on repeat while playing Pokemon.  :shrug:

We don't hate jazz, we just don't care about it. 

What I DO HATE is that there probably won't be another pop album until late 2015-mid 2016 IF WE'RE LUCKY.

(ノ ã‚œÃâ€Ã£â€šÅ“)ノ ︵ â※ââ€Ã¢â€»

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Martijn

I'm not hating it, but I'm also not going to like a jazz album just because it's Gaga's... I don't like jazz, even when Gaga sings it..

CannaeDrive

I think it's great that it's happening. And tbh, Gaga fans will never be happy. She promised us the album 2 years ago, and if it wouldn't have happened, people would've added it to the betrayals list, cried about the GRAMMYs she would've gotten, etc.

In her normal songs, she doesn't really show off her vocals, and if she does (like in Bad Romance), people barely notices it because it's overshadowed by the big production.

^^  :yes: 

I don't think there's so much hate regarding C2C, it's just the constant complaining that can be annoying.

I, personally, just ignore it and I focus to enjoy what we have: a wonderful gift with her amazing voice. We should all do that.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Not liking jazz is fine, it's not compulsory, but the thing that I find upsetting is that there seems to be an undercurrent of "monsters" out there who actively want C2C to fail so she won't do a second Jazz album.

They bombard her with comments about "not being here for jazz", "No one listens to it", they are "through with her is she does more jazz" "her "fans will all desert her if she does more jazz" etc.

It's like emotional blackmail and I hope she ignores it and just does exactly what she wants to do

ChicaSkas

Because these immature kids aren't letting her just have fun and record a jazz album if she wants to.

Let her do what she wants for a change, the past 6 years she's been doing what she thinks WE want.

The jazz album is a wonderful move to show the GENERAL PUBLIC that she can truly sing and is not just some flash in the pan shock valued pop slut.

You guys need to chill.

Lady Gaga will be around for the next 50 years knocking our socks off like she always does. This is important for her growth musically and if half of you would open up and listen, for YOUR growth musically. Life is not all current pop music. There are so many other genres worth discovering. This is a GREAT way to discover jazz through Gaga, for you younger folks!

They bombard her with comments about "not being here for jazz", "No one listens to it", they are "through with her is she does more jazz" "her "fans will all desert her if she does more jazz" etc.

She won't listen to those comments because those kind of comments come from not very sharp or mature people. People who are well rounded and comfortable and mature will realize this is ONE album, MAYBE two, not the end of the damn world.
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

Yeah I don't understand too. GAGA SHOWS HER VOICE TO THE GP and it's with the legend Tony Bennett and monsters are mehh.

Not all, but some monsters are very shortsighted, they only see the supposed disappointment they feel now, and not the long term benefit.
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

djBuffoon

I see more ambivalence than hate. If they don't care for jazz, or they don't quite grasp what this means for Gaga and her growth as an artist, that is entirely their prerogative.

Evan Peters

I just think people don't like the fact that she's doing jazz instead of working on Act II of ARTPOP. 

Personally, I think it's great that she's working with someone as legendary as Tony Bennet. 88 years old and still in the game :legend:

emma roberts is an abuser

Hellspont

I don't see hate I see ignorance and close mindedness towards a genre of music. If its not "pop" people throw it aside. We as a generation should really open our ears and appreciate good music when we hear it.

codymonster

Cause her fanbase is full of uncultured swines who don't appreciate good music. Just chart positions :later:

CherryPi3

Jazz isn't really my cup of tea, but I am liking these covers. Now I don't love them enough to play them on repeat (I've only listened to them like 3 times in total tbh), but I appreciate the work that went into the songs, as they are good songs and Gaga seems genuinely happy about the project.

I'll buy the album, but mainly only to add to my collection of Gaga memorabilia.

Honestly, I'd enjoy the album more if it was just Gaga on every track.

Stephen

Because these immature kids aren't letting her just have fun and record a jazz album if she wants to.

Let her do what she wants for a change, the past 6 years she's been doing what she thinks WE want.

The jazz album is a wonderful move to show the GENERAL PUBLIC that she can truly sing and is not just some flash in the pan shock valued pop slut.

You guys need to chill.

Lady Gaga will be around for the next 50 years knocking our socks off like she always does. This is important for her growth musically and if half of you would open up and listen, for YOUR growth musically. Life is not all current pop music. There are so many other genres worth discovering. This is a GREAT way to discover jazz through Gaga, for you younger folks!

She won't listen to those comments because those kind of comments come from not very sharp or mature people. People who are well rounded and comfortable and mature will realize this is ONE album, MAYBE two, not the end of the damn world.

Bless you :worship:

Archived