• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• VenusBoy

• LetsGetHigh

• enigma princess

MelbHawker

Will forever love her - she's made my life easier and helped me smile/laugh when inside I was the opposite. Thanks Joan, you're beautiful!Β  :heart:Β 

May she rest in peace.Β 

Im just glad she died doing something she loved: surgery

Just to be clear, what did you mean by this statement?

Silence those demons... . πŸ–€

Alcina Dimitrescu

Just to be clear, what did you mean by this statement?

this statement has two sides like my feelings about Mrs Rivers. You can delete it if you find it potentially flamebaiting.

Edited by SecretWeapon

this statement has two sides like my feelings about Mrs Rivers. You can delete it if you find it potentially flamebaiting.

No, that's fine. As long as you explain yourself in a civil manner to make your views and statements clear, there shouldn't be a problem. I want you to be free to speak your mind, though.

May I ask your two sides of feelings? I understand if you'd rather not say.

Silence those demons... . πŸ–€

Alcina Dimitrescu

No, that's fine. As long as you explain yourself in a civil manner to make your views and statements clear, there shouldn't be a problem. I want you to be free to speak your mind, though.

May I ask your two sides of feelings? I understand if you'd rather not say.

I thought she was great and a pioneer but i do think she made a living out of insulting people, which regardless she meant it or not its...well...hurtful.

Whispering

Joan has been a beloved friendΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ…Β½ of God's Love for over 25 years, and a member of the Board of Directors since 1994. Throughout her years of service with God's Love We Deliver, Joan demonstrated deep commitment, compassion and generosity. In 2009, Joan won over $500,000 for God's Love on the NBC reality competition, Celebrity Apprentice. She took charge at the memorable Cupcake Challenge, selling cupcakes with vigor and encouraging everyone to buy to support her beloved God's Love We Deliver. She always said that winning Celebrity Apprentice would be a big victory for God's Love We Deliver, and she was right. The final challenge had the contestants putting on a gala, and we remember Joan, getting down on her hands and knees to roll out the red carpet, making sure it was perfect for the event. That's the kind of woman she was ΓƒΒ’Γ’β€šΒ¬Γ’β‚¬Ε“ devoted, hard-working, strong and always fighting for what she believed in.

Β 

Joan was a staunch supporter and ambassador for God's Love in so many ways. For years, she supported the Race to Deliver, bringing her energy, voice and laughter to Central Park on those early November mornings to support our runners, teams and friends. Joan volunteered absolutely every Thanksgiving, bringing her daughter Melissa and her grandson Cooper with her. Each year, she delivered holiday meals to our clients, surprising them with jokes and their special feasts, bringing warmth and care and brightening the holiday for so many.

Β 

Even after Joan started filming her many TV shows, she always came back to God's Love when she was in New York to support our volunteers, our clients and our mission. This past year was a very busy one for Joan; yet, she came to SoHo for our groundbreaking ceremony in October, she volunteered with us on Thanksgiving and Winter Feast, and she came to our Brooklyn location to celebrate the delivery of our 15 millionth meal. Joan never skipped a beat, and it always felt like coming back to God's Love was a little like coming home for Joan.

Β 

Β 

Β 

https://www.glwd.org/blog.jsp;jsessionid=D58CE90CD8A7FC8A852BD4A47AE5BD48?topic=community&share=18611#18611

Edited by rarigoes

Β 

"I always make sure I look good before bed in case i'm found dead" - Joan from 'In Bed With Joan Rivers'

Β 

this makes me cry, cause it reminds me of her and her humor. thank you for sharing this.