• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• VenusBoy

• LetsGetHigh

• enigma princess

Willy Wonka

I hope she makes it out of this. :ohno:

I met her back when she spoke at my school, and she was the nicest celebrity I've ever met. We waited for her VIP session to get out in below freezing weather for about an hour or so. Luckily, we were able to catch her town car as it was pulling out of the alley. When we came up to the car, she yelled, "Where are your gloves, you idiots?!" And then gave us all money for coffee. 

During her question and answer session during the lecture, I got to personally thank her for sharing her story about her husband's suicide, her suicidal thoughts, etc. I also got choked up by admitting that I had attempted suicide and wouldn't be here if it weren't for comediennes like her to look up to. She gave me the biggest smile and said, "Well, you're still here, god damn it. And that's amazing." :flutter: I'll never forget that, she was so sweet. ( A lot nicer in person than her comedic persona on television. :laughga: ) She also talked very highly of Gaga, and said something along the lines of, "She wears crazy sh*t, but you know what? I love that girl to death." And talked about how she had watched her perform and stuff.

1004512_10152170188057039_1745693100_n.j

This is such a great story.

She really is supposed to be one of the nicest people. I'm glad that's true.

*Not her basing her statement off some half baked information, sometimes she just needs to shut up.

*Glad she's stable now!

LoveandMagic

I met her back when she spoke at my school, and she was the nicest celebrity I've ever met. We waited for her VIP session to get out in below freezing weather for about an hour or so. Luckily, we were able to catch her town car as it was pulling out of the alley. When we came up to the car, she yelled, "Where are your gloves, you idiots?!" And then gave us all money for coffee. 

During her question and answer session during the lecture, I got to personally thank her for sharing her story about her husband's suicide, her suicidal thoughts, etc. I also got choked up by admitting that I had attempted suicide and wouldn't be here if it weren't for comediennes like her to look up to. She gave me the biggest smile and said, "Well, you're still here, god damn it. And that's amazing." :flutter: I'll never forget that, she was so sweet. ( A lot nicer in person than her comedic persona on television. :laughga: ) She also talked very highly of Gaga, and said something along the lines of, "She wears crazy sh*t, but you know what? I love that girl to death." And talked about how she had watched her perform and stuff.

Thanks for sharing your story with us! :)

Joan is a fighter. She'll pull through, at least I have hope!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Laceface

Oh wow that's so awesome :) You're right, I always hear her praising Gaga & visiting Joanne's.

Any further update on her condition today?

Edited by Laceface

MelbHawker

Thanks for sharing this - it's a shame people don't know every side to Joan. She's wonderful.

Evan Peters

Glad to see she's actually as nice as people say she is!

emma roberts is an abuser

RAYA.core

OHH **** I was wondering what was going on and I was just thinking if it was rumors, 

but dammn Joanie! I hope you really needed that procedure, i hope the recovery is gooood

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011