BEYONCÉ or ARTPOP: Better Album?

Dangerous Man

393 members have voted

1. 1. Better masterpiece?

• BEYONCÃ?
    • ARTPOP

Featured Posts

Prometheus

BEYONCÉ feels more... honest. I don't know. I prefer BEYONCÉ because I love absolutely every song. It is different without sacrificing catchiness/quality. It also came with videos, each and every one being perfect.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to beyonce once and I felt like all the songs sounded the same, except for 2 or 3

But I have to be honest, ARTPOP sounds kinda manufactured like very messy and over the top.

Beyonce is more stripped down and atmospheric.. I'll give her that.

Prometheus

ill put it this way: ARTPOP is more exciting to listen to, but beyonce communicates its ideas better and shows strong growth in beyonce as an artist. ARTPOP lacks evolution and experimentation, but beyonce lacks energy and range. 

i will say beyonce wins in terms of release as well since she basically ctrl+c ctrl+v gaga's release idea of doing a visual album, and doing a good job at it. 

***Flawless is full of rage.

One Five Ten

ARTPOP, but you're comparing it with the only album that even came close last year  :worship2:

Dangerous Man

Damn! Bey is now 1/4 of the total votes. Didn't expect that since page 2 lol.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Prismatic

ARTPOP

It took me a long, LONG time to like BEYONCÉ. If it weren't for the guy I was dating who over played BEYONCÉ, then I wouldn't have gotten into the album.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

aaronyoji

***Flawless is full of rage.

i know it is, and so is partition and drunk in love is an obvious bop, but other than that its very ballady/slow groove and its really hard to grab you. for me, winning songs would be: pretty hurts, haunted, drunk in love, blow, no angel, partition, and flawless. 

ARTPOP is significantly better musically. 

Beyoncé is sonically different and gives me different vibes than ARTPOP. Its execution was (obviously) superior to ARTPOP's, but looking at just the music, ARTPOP is better.

It depends on your mood tbh cuz they're like night and day

Dangerous Man

ARTPOP is significantly better musically.

Beyoncé is sonically different and gives me different vibes than ARTPOP. Its execution was (obviously) superior to ARTPOP's, but looking at just the music, ARTPOP is better.

It depends on your mood tbh cuz they're like night and day

This. Beyonce was unique but I didn't consider it better than ARTPOP.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

ARTPOP by a mile. Beyonce is a good album that provided some interesting sounds, but overall it sounds very flat to me. On the other hand, ARTPOP with its flaws and all, it very energetic, varied, and full of awesome melodies.

Redstreak

What? xtina1.gif

The cohesive tug and play of radio friendly vs. minimalist experimentation sound behind Beyonce is one of the main reasons it was critically acclaimed along with it's mature, well rounded lyrics and strong thematics. One of the reasons ARTPOP fell flat for critics and other casual listeners was it's perceived out of date production.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Psychedelic

You are on a Gaga forum. Everyone is going to say Gaga :toofunny:

ATRL would have been more opinionated and better suited.

THIS!

Anyway, Beyonce is a better album. NO DOUBT.

Although I slightly prefer ARTPOP!

ARTPOP. I didn't really enjoy Bey's 5th album like I did with her previous four albums, and I listen to them WAY more. I still listen to only ***Flawless, Pretty Hurts, Partition, Jealous and XO to this day. :music:

Love Trumps Hate

Archived