Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Rollingstone - The Worst of VMAs: "No Gaga" and "The Entire Show"

AgusPop

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

I only really enjoyed Ariana. Beyonce was good too, but I don't like her currently album, and I didn't know any songs. Wish she sang more of her hits. I was kind of jealous everyone else's fave was on the show, but not ours. Hopefully next year we will have Gaga and Rihanna on the show. 

Mythos

If she can't do what she wants on the stage then i don't need her on the VMA again. Last year was even with Gaga boring for me.

MarryTheSequins

If she can't do what she wants on the stage then i don't need her on the VMA again. Last year was even with Gaga boring for me.

I'm still pissed they restricted her too :(

DrewStevens

Everyone was ok. 

Yes Beyonce dances and does hair flips like a boss, but we already knew that.
Ariana is growing up, we already knew that.
Taylor is a pop girl now, we already knew that.
Nicki has ass and she knows how to move it, we already knew that.
Usher... he was a boring mess.
I will not judge 5SOS, Sam Smith and Iggy because they are newcomers (although 5SOS's performance was a waste of time).

Desperado

poor them all, except Nicki and Beyonce (and Jessie J she did a good job too)  lol, since they are climbing the charts while i type this

Pretty true. Nicki was great and Beyonce was fantastic but the rest of the show was pretty dull.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Whoever wrote this piece for Rolling Stone should be fired because they sounds like a bitter Gaga, Britney, and Kanye fan. 

The opening was amazing and Beyonce was amazing as well. The rest of the performances were not all that crazy but they are new artists trying to establish themselves and not every vma has to have some staple controversial moment just for the sake of having something to talk about. 

Beyoncé was boring, as usual. Even Nicki was more interesting. The whole show was a mess, and to me it proves that Gaga is was pop needs.

Is it just me or does it seem like the pre-ARTPOP era all over again?

Almost as if ARTPOP never happened.

Yeah we all said this before ARTPOP. We were like "it's almost as if Born This Way didn't exist, people are ready for her come back"...

Shawn Knowles

Kanye and Gaga are the only reason I watch the VMAs tbh. Only reason I watched was because they kept hinting at Kanye being a surprise. I could always watch Queen later online.

freebit

I think the misstep here is that there weren't enough actual stars there - it's basically become solely a promotional tool for pushing albums and with a main focus on top 40 pop. At least back in the day you'd have huge acts like Madonna, Nine Inch Nails, TLC, the Jackson's, loose cannons like Courtney Love, and old legends like Tom Petty or Diana Ross in the same room either presenting or performing. That crazy grab bag of star power makes everything unpredictable and fun. Nobody is really glued to their tvs to see what Rita Ora's going to do, no1curr about Becky G, and performers like Ariana aren't really that dynamic yet. We want to see amazing performances, hot messes and super famous people throwing down.

If I were to organize I'd definitely would have gone out of my way to try to lure Gaga, Kanye and Rihanna there, and get Brit to present too (she's a VMA icon at this point), as well as Madonna. Courtney Love too because of the 90s revival and she's everyone's drunk aunt. Also book an actual rock act. That there would have at least made it 10x more interesting. You'd probably get at least one rant from Kanye out of it, and you know the pop forums would have got their life seeing Madonna and Gaga forced to be in the same room.

Archived