💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Critic on Cheek To Cheek: "I'm glad about ARTPOP's failure"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

A lot has been written about the creative and commercial shortcomings of Lady Gaga's last record, but I, for one, am glad about its failure  because anything that frees her up to record more music with Tony Bennett is a win in my book. "I Can't Give You Anything but Love" is a great example; Tony Bennett might be 88, but it's Gaga who hasn't sounded this alive in years.  Jesse David Fox

Source: http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/best-new-music-of-the-week-benjamin-booker.html

How do you feel about this statement? 

I'm not glad about ARTPOP's underperformance (god, it was NOT a failure) but yes she really sounds great on the new track.

Gov Hooka

b---h ARTPOP wasn't a failure

yay for an old fart's opinion on Gaga to be improved JUST because she's doing jazz :roll:

Gaga was featured in The Louvre this era...
It was only a failure, or "under-performance" if you look at it from a chart perspective, which is rather narrow minded imo.

Her work with Jeff Koons, Marina Abramovic and Robert Wilson will surely be recognised in the future. I'm glad they like C2C though :party:

djBuffoon

:sigh: I have a feeling we'll be hearing this same general thing on loop throughout the C2C era.

Needless to say, ARTPOP is not a failure.

Dayman

Ya'll are pressed over nothing - it's a compliment to the Jazz album, not an insult to ARTPOP. :koons:

JustPokeHerFace

But it had a top 5 single in the US and debuted on BB200 at #1 and...oh nevermind  :fail:

Glad he likes the song though

Morphine Prince

ARTPOP died so ART can live, free of POP.

Wow, I actually really like this! 

Redstreak

I'm not glad about ARTPOP's underperformance (god, it was NOT a failure) but yes she really sounds great on the new track.

under performance and failure are not the same thing. It did under perform depending on who you're asking, but no one can call it a genuine failure with a straight face. But the comment in itself by the critic is a needless statement. This album has been in the works long before ARTPOP came around. Why the need to even mention it? They're completely unrelated projects.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived