Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jessie J announces new album 'Sweet Talker'

Petrichor

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

It's a joke about her saying she was bis-xual just to get headlines, and then later retracted her statement just to get even more headlines. :rip:

Interesting.  That's stupid.  I don't like her now...

Robinladen

I was so excited for her second album and it was such a let down :( Jessie J has such a powerful voice and writing skills, so we know she can do it, hopefully she can show it again

I agree about the powerfull voice. Her writing skills are pretty poor tho imo. I was kinda rooting for her at the start, but once I heard her debut album in full it was over for me.

Chromatislaps

How is she "former bis-xual" though.. your s-xuality doesn't just change because you're with a certain gender at the time.

she once said she was Bi-s-xual, and this year suddenly she said she wasn't...hence the joke the Ex-bis-xual chanteuse Messie J

StrawberryBlond

Wow, this is one of the most surprising releases of the year. I thought that she was just going to re-release Alive in the US with some new tracks, like she originally claimed. Clearly, her label saw there was no point in beating a dead horse and just decided to move right on. The title, the album cover, working with 2 Chainz...already this looking like this is going to be an album that uses s-x and percieved coolness to sell. That shaved head image hurt her so hard last year and she knows it. And there was too much focus on serious songs which the public just weren't interested in. So, she's going for a full on hottie look, working with artists of the moment and no doubt having much more fun, s-xy and cool orientated songs for the masses. And especially for straight people. She tried to be subtle about it but she basically admitted that claiming to be bi at the start of her career meant she got a ton of LGBT fans but barely any straight people and she was clearly rather stung about this. But I honestly don't think this new era will work. She just flopped way too hard with her second album. No one who achieved the success she did with her debut should have flopped like she did. It shocks me how quickly she's become irrelevant.

But really, her label must have splashed out some serious dough to get that Ariana/Nicki collab as no one in the US cares about her or even knows who she is anymore. To get a collab with two of the biggest US artists of the moment can't have come cheap. I don't like how it's being looked at as a single from her album and a song all of her own. It's a joint trio effort and Nicki was the only one who wrote her part, the rest of it was just another Max Martin product, lyrically and musically. Singles like this should be filed under the duets category. The only songs that matter as a soloist is your solo work. And it's doubtful that Jessie will ever have a hit of her own again.

At least the cover is better than Alive :rofl: hope the music is too :giggle: pls Jessie u used to be so good :giveup: see what happens when u "become" straight OGq50.gif

your s-xuality doesn't just change because you're with a certain gender at the time.

There are plenty of "lesbians" who only come out in middle age after having a husband and kids. Wouldn't your view make them properly bi for life?

I don't see any GLBT folks giving THEM a hard time.

"That shaved head image hurt her so hard last year and she knows it. And there was too much focus on serious songs"

I suspect you're right, There are lots of Bi female celebs and nobody cares as long as they are pretty and feminine. For example, Fergie is Bi and it makes little difference in her fanbase.

But add a shaved head, it puts her on the dyke side of bi.

:dies: Former bis-xual I cannot.......... That was such an embarrassing story. 

Maybe I'll give this a listen. 

Archived