Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Reasons why Iggy succeed instead of Azealia

Miracle

Featured Posts

inuborg

God bless this thread! I agree with everything you said.

Iggy is a radio/mainstream darling. She's pretty, she's white, she has songs that are easily understandable and easy to "rap" along to. 

On the other hand Azealia is more altnerative, with genres that would never make it to radio. Mixing hard style, screamo, and rap? But Yung Rapunxel was one of the best songs released last year. Also her raps are very cryptic and ALOT of people say she's rapping nonsense, when actually they aren't reading enough into her lyrics.

With that being said, contrary to popular belief, I am not bitter when it comes to Iggy's success....I understand why she singles do well on the radio, like I understand how Katy Perry or Kesha or Pitbull songs do well on the radio. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the difference that Azealia is not really intelligent.

You can be different and successful at the same time + most of Azealia Banks's  songs are FLAWLESS BOPS which means they can be successful.

She is not that intelligent tho and she might have screwed her chances (hopefully not).

I just hope she will keep earning money from live concerts, so she can keep serving us BOPS.

Definitely the most talented rap girl in my opinion.

Diamond Heart

I agree with most of your points. Azealia is immensely talented and creative. Whereas i dont really think Iggy has a lot of creative input and i dont think shes a strong rapper. (especially because its not even her real accent)

For me its because shes white. Which is a really sad thing. I guarantee if Iggy was black she wouldnt have the success she has now.

However, i disagree with some of your points. I dont think Azealia isnt as successful because she makes music too innovative for the charts, its because she is now more known for the awful **** she spouts versus her talent. Loadsa music publications here in the UK were totally rooting for and praising her when she first hit the scene with 212, but that faded fast after her continuous twitter fights. No one wants to back someone that says the ignorant **** shes said.   

I used to be such an Azealia stan until i realized what her personality is like. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

At least Iggy is smart enough to know that you can't act like a **** when you don't even have your first record out. 

Hauser

BLESS this thread you said nothing but the truth about Azealia because she is far more superior when it comes to talent and musicality in regards to her peers :applause: 

Ok I say this as someone who actually LIKES AZEALIA, but I have problems with this thread.

Don't ignore Azealia has acted like a really tasteless and rude asshole ever since she entered the industry and her music was never really radio friendly. I find this comparison so random. Azealia's shot was years ago, Iggy's is now, so don't bring her in this. It was never Iggy or Azealia. Why even compare? It's ALWAYS comparisons.

It's true that Iggy's music is more poppy than Azealia's and that makes it likable more easily but it has been like this for years, maybe even since pop music was born, and the concept that POP IS POPULAR is nothing really new/interesting to point out :shrug:

And I don't think Azealia is a trendsetter because the seapunk scene was pissed at her for doing that and the trend never really catched on. Does she experiment? Yes. Has she left any mark with this? No

Again, I like her, but this thread??

Levine

I mean, Iggy's current single is a song written by katy ****ing perry  :toofunny:  that alone puts her at the bottom.

SychosSoChic

Why can't they both be successful? :awkney:

God is this what people feel when they watch Monsters bash Katy? :fail:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Weasel

How is Azealia supposed to be successful when she doesn't even have an album out and all she does is be a mess on Twitter though. 

holy scheisse

bottom line

iggy came out on top because she's white and blonde and she has ass injections

azealia is has the body of a 14 y/o boy

do the math, s-x sells and the world is racist  :shrug:

this.. :fat:

Why can't they both be successful? :awkney:

God is this what people feel when they watch Monsters bash Katy? :fail:

but theyre not both successful. azealia banks thus far has not released anything comparable to the success iggy azalea has received.

You know I have followed Iggy since her "Glory" days and to say she doesn`t have a creative or interesting mind is just not right...

I feel like ever since "Fancy" people just want to hate her for no reasons

Azealia is still awesome tho :spin:

SychosSoChic

this.. :fat:

but theyre not both successful. azealia banks thus far has not released anything comparable to the success iggy azalea has received.

I mean in the future :P

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived