💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Adele to hold new release due to Taylor Swift release?

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHUM FM â€@1045CHUMFM

.@CashConners: #NP Adele. BTW, with all the focus on Taylor Swift's new single/album announcement, don't expect new Adele for a bit

At least they mentioned the album of the decade Born This Way. :legend:

GypsyPrince

LOL lets not act like katy was the reason gaga under performed  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Lady-Gaga-Applause-gif-2.gif

She is part of the reason tho.

Minus Katy, Applause would've probably gone #1, ARTPOP would have had better sales, and Applause/G.U.Y would have at least been nominated for a VMA. :manicure:

Levine

It's not even about her being "scared".

They talk each other: "you let me release the single, wait for a couple of weeks and then release yours". 

Only with Gaga  the other pop girls wanted to release everything possible to stop her, but usually they (meaning their managers/labels etc) make deals about the releases. 

LordDisick

She is part of the reason tho.

Minus Katy, Applause would've probably gone #1, ARTPOP would have had better sales, and Applause/G.U.Y would have at least been nominated for a VMA. :manicure:

gaga wasnt even number #2 or 3 on the hot 100 so ....

if there was no roar in the charts there still wouldve been blurred lines, royals and whatever else was dominating the charts at that time. applause would've still been #4

JustPokeHerFace

gaga wasnt even number #2 or 3 on the hot 100 so ....

if there was no roar in the charts there still wouldve been blurred lines, royals and whatever else was dominating the charts at that time. applause would've still been #4

Applause would have been #3 if there was no roar

JustPokeHerFace

wow what a difference  :eek:  :applause:

Charts-wise it isn't that much of a difference. But the way it can be (and was) spun by the media made it seem more drastic. Which sounds better?

1. Lady Gaga's new single has thus far peaked within the top 5 on Billboard Hot 100. In other news, Katy Perry scores her 8th number one single with "Roar," which has currently demolished Gaga's "Applause" in sales.

VS

2. Lady Gaga's new single "Applause," off of her 3rd studio album ARTPOP, is the singer's 7th top 3 Billboard hit. 

StrawberryBlond

Adele has thus far released her lead singles in October/November, with the album in January. That means she'll cash in on the many promo opportunities and music-buying craze on the run-up to Christmas and the album will have an year to sell and be considered for awards the following year. Makes it all really clean. I assume that's the intention, anyway. And I assumed this era would be no different, so I wasn't expecting a lead single until at least October. But looking at these tweets, maybe she intended to have a slightly earlier release this time but thought better of it? It's not just Taylor she's going to have to worry about as there's heavy rumours that Rihanna's new album is going for another November release (she could steal a potential #1 single from Adele) and there's other Brit acts like Rita Ora and Cheryl Cole who will have new singles out around that time too. The music world's a very different place from the one where Adele entered in the charts in November 2010 with RITD. Everyone's pre-ordering and releasing remixes to get higher positions and the introduction of streaming can now push a song lower than it would normally be if there's a lack of it. The fact that Adele and her label are scared is a sign that they truly think her new era could be quite a scary time for her. She will not sell 30 million worldwide this time, fact. She won't have the first three singles go to #1 in the US. She won't have a clean sweep at the Grammys. She won't win an Oscar for best original song. It'll be a very big comedown. She outsold Norah Jones's debut, and we know what happened to her. She went from selling 28 million worldwide to 10 million with her second album. Ten years later, she could barely sell 1 million worldwide. Adele will be on top of the world with her lead single and her first week sales are going to be mindblowing. But after that, it'll all be downhill. The thing that must be scaring her the most is that her new album, for the first time, will not be break-up orientated. But that was what people loved about her and what made her so famous and successful. Will they want to hear her sing happy songs?

hahaahhaha why is she scared of that little girl

Remember they're both basically the same age. Adele is just one and a half years older than Taylor. Crazy, I know. One acts at least 10 years older than her age, the other acts at least 10 years younger than her age.

Vernier

Why? She only has to be worried about Taylor in the US, she'll most likely outsell her everywhere else :emma:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived