💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pitchfrk Declares Azealia Banks' 212 #7 Best Song Of The Decade So Far

inuborg

Featured Posts

inuborg
"They'll forget your name soon/ And won't nobody be to blame but yourself," Azealia Banks sings on 2011's viral hit "212". In a song packed with visceral taunts and low blows, this line felt like a throwaway, but it turned out to be propheticâ€â€even Banks said it was directed at herself and not, as everyone had assumed, Nicki Minaj. But so what if "212" becomes the only Azealia Banks song we ever remember? It sounds as fresh and audacious now as it did three years ago. Over Lazy Jay's "Float My Boat", Banks swings slings and arrows, knots of slang delivered by multiple characters. And while “****†will still shock listeners in three, six, or nine years, it's Banks’ assonant, monosyllabic lyrics that give "212" delicious staying-power. "You're playing with your butter like your boo won’t true/ Cock the gun, too" doesn’t sound “of the momentâ€â€â€it sounds like any moment from 2011 on. If the quick wordplay and multiple voices feel like Nicki to you, remember that the year's only other runaway hit by a female rapper was Minaj's "Super Bass", which was awfully soft compared to Banks' promise to ruin ****s everywhere.....

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9466-the-top-200-tracks-of-2010-2014/10/

You go Glen Coco :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YASSSSSSS

Grimes at #1, FKA Twigs and Sky Ferreira twice on the list :giveup: 

and Sleigh Bells, Crystal Castles, etc :heart:

The list is missing Gaga though, TEOG and MTN deserved at least top 50 

212 still makes me feel ten feet tall  :legend: there's quite a few songs I've never heard on there lol imma check them out

I really don't like this list, and it's not because Gaga is missing (I couldn't care less), but because it just doesn't ring right. 

Nicole Richie

I've watched the full list today and  :wtf: There are a few (!) songs by Nicki, one by Katy, Call Me Maybe is even higher than Rolling In The Deep, 212 is even in the Top 10, but no Gaga songs  :wtf:

elijahfan

Not to sound like some pressed fan, but WHERE THE **** IS GAGA? :crossed:

Looks like this list was made by a good ol' hipster. To me, BTW is the best song of the decade so far - both musically and contextually, but what do I know... :manicure:

inuborg

I didn't even look at the rest of the list :flop: 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Archived