đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How do you feel about Mary Jane Holland ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Elizabeth

One of my favourite songs on the album, and one of my favourite Gaga songs. Sad she's not performing it anymore as I would've loved to see it live. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

For me its one of her best songs, the production is amazing (a bit loud tho)...

The song itself is bad ass yet heartfelt, when she says "i think that i could be fine if i could be Mary Jane holland tonight" you feel that its temporary and after the weed effect is gone, you know that she won't be fine at all... the bridge is epic... its like Gaga had a child with freddie Mercury.. i would call it Pop-Opera/Rock-glam 

It deserved a better choreography during ARTRAVE and i'm seeing Gaga in 2 months so she better bring it

back :giveup:

#BringOurGirlMaryJaneHollandBack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLN2pdILIqo

It's definitely becoming one of my favorites on the album. It just sounds epic to me. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

GagaXCupcakke

It took me forever to get into it.  It was my least favorite next to swine for a long time.  Now I'm brain washed and love every part of ARTPOP 

I love it. It's one of my favorites from ARTPOP, but the bridge lyrics and the long outro dim its shine for me a little.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

britneylopez99

It's like the good side of weed while Dope is the bad side.

i think Dope is about a little more than weed :hor:

eifulien

It was the first non-Swinefest hit for me. An instant jam. I still remember when I listened to it the first time I was on headphones in the underground. I didn't know which song was playing I had the whole album playing consecutively. So just before ''I think I could be fine'' I stopped it to see what songs was this and played it again...  :flutter:  Aura was my song since iTunesFestival and Venus and GUY were hot songs but thyey grew on me later...

Now, get back MJH for the European Leg, Gaga!  :grr:

PinkBalloons

its moisy.. i  noticed Madeon production are always a tad noisy loud... still amazing, i think its because he's really young and he hasn't mastered the art of mixing yet..

I'm surprised anyone else noticed this problem.

"Loudness war" or "loudness race" is the popular name given to the trend of increasing audio levels on CDs and in digital audio files since the early 1990s, which many critics believe damages the sound and reduces listener's enjoyment. Increasing loudness was first reported[by whom?] as early as the 1940s with respect to mastering practices for 7" singles. The maximum peak level of a--log recordings such as these is limited by varying specifications of electronic equipment along the chain from source to listener, including vinyl record and cassette players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

What you can do: listen to harmoniously produced music

One of the biggest albums of 2013 was Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, with many reviews commenting on the album's great sound.[24][25] Mixing engineer Mick Guzauski deliberately chose to use less compression on the project, commenting "We never tried to make it loud and I think it sounds better for it."[26] In January 2014 the album won five Grammy Awards, including Best Engineered Album (Non-Classical).[27]

But seriously, the loudness is a problem with Zedd, White Shadow and Madeon and Gaga doesn't know that's hurting sales.

Tropico

I love it! :party:

And the artRAVE performance is actually f--king amazing. Chair choreography was beautiful! :bunny:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

SEX MUFFIN

THE best song on ARTPOP by far! Completely smashes every other song! Love it so so much! The guitar in the bridge...urgh, so good!

jewelsnpugs

MJH is my favorite song on the album. Slayed me on my first listen. Possibly one of my favorite Gaga songs ever.

nativenewyorker

Brilliant, brilliant song. Instantly one of my favorites from ARTPOP and seeing it live was an experience I'll never forget. The instrumental is amazing, the vocals are badass, and the lyrics are so cool and twisted. I love everything about it.

Plus, being a daily "Mary Jane Holland" I appreciate this song so much hahaha.

Archived