💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

People miss the Old Gaga

Divine

Featured Posts

You'll see that on every old YT video tho. Avril, Rihanna, Britney, Miley, heck, even Katy Perry :deadbanana:

/thread

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nativenewyorker

It's hard for me to talk about old Gaga vs. new Gaga because I love both, but I love her attitude, creative vision, and artistry so much more pre-Born This Way.

There was something so focused about her during The Fame and The Fame Monster, you could tell that she lived for innovation and creative expression. Every step of her career seemed carefully thought out and orchestrated. When Born This Way started, her attitude changed from that of a prestigious art student to a veteran of the music industry. She kinda gave off the vibe that she only cared what the "little monsters" at her show wanted but really, all we wanted was for her to keep blowing our minds with futuristic, boundary pushing art. Instead, it's like she let the fans take control of her creativity, which in a way killed her artistry.

Don't get me wrong, I love ARTPOP and Born This Way, but there's something so inspiring and interesting about Gaga pre-Born This Way. She was enigmatic and constantly working on new projects and it felt like pop culture was running through her veins. She was a master of pop culture.

Now, it all seems kind of watered down and half-assed tbh. But that being said, I couldn't live without a lot of music from ARTPOP and Born This Way. So I'm looking toward the future for a more self-inspired pop star who doesn't feed off her fans for her work. It's kinda pointless you know? The fans like what she makes because it's new and exciting. They don't want something they could've thought of themselves.

Archived