Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

People miss the Old Gaga

Divine

Featured Posts

But Gaga stopped evolving after TFM...so...

I miss the old Gaga too tbh :cryga:

this. Her sound afterwards has gotten watered down. But I have seen some great performances
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Sorry for them, she will never come back from her old self.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

giskardsb

Gaga was a pure pop star then and the music was clean highly polished dance pop. For many it seems that's all they wanted.

I prefer the eclectic ever changing all genre Gaga any day, I didn't become a fan until she proved she could be more.

Aga Gydal

People miss the old Gaga because she stood out pretty intensely during her debut. No one else was doing this exhibitionist pop that she did on stage and there was always an element of surprise with her because of it. She was the first genuine "superstar" since probably Britney Spears who had a larger-than-life presentation. But more than that, there was a careful craftsmanship to it, and a sense of mystery. The dialogue during her peak era was "who's the REAL Lady Gaga" because everyone was still getting acquainted with her character.

Once you take the mask off and do a complete 180 to singing openly about yourself and acceptance and artifice and fame, the illusion is shattered. There isn't a sense of zen about her anymore, because she exposed herself finally. It's an inevitable thing to happen (you can't keep that going forever), but what counts is the way you handle that exposure artistically. I think she's done a fine enough job at doing that but I think she's lost a great deal of craftsmanship and musical edge in the process.

ARTPOP got a lukewarm response because it never really needed to happen. It lacked the purpose of Born This Way and the punch of TF and TFM so the whole era felt like a stall. She has plenty of opportunities to build back up but trying to "go back to the old Gaga" is NEVER going to be feesible because the mask is already off. She just needs to make a full case for her talent, and make an excellent pop album that radio loves. She can do that.

XoXoJoanneGaga

ARTPOP got a lukewarm response because it never really needed to happen. It lacked the purpose of Born This Way and the musicality of TF and TFM so the whole era felt like a stall. She has plenty of opportunities to build back up but trying to "go back to the old Gaga" is NEVER going to be feesible because the mask is off. She just needs to make an excellent pop album that radio loves. She can do that.

Well said  :applause:

CookieHWilson

I hate when peopme say that. ARTPOP Is her best album why should she reduct herself 6 yeats ago?

THIS

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

djBuffoon

Welp, thank goodness that she doesn't read such comments and take them into account. She is a far more soulful and, in my eyes, interesting artist now than before.

It's easy to rest on your laurels, it's easy to stick with a formula that you know works for the majority. But for as long as Gaga is making art and music, I would rather she take risks, perhaps stumble a bit, and grow, rather than repeat anything she's done before.

And since everyone else is chiming in,

Born This Way and ARTPOP are indeed her best work thus far. :legend:

They don't want the "old Gaga" back they just want their past and memories back. When people talk about the "old Gaga" being better they're connecting the era to when they were happiest, same will happen in 5 years with ARTPOP :)

djBuffoon

ARTPOP got a lukewarm response because it never really needed to happen. It lacked the purpose of Born This Way and the punch of TF and TFM so the whole era felt like a stall.

I appreciate how articulate your post was, but I take issue with this bit.

XoXoJoanneGaga

They don't want the "old Gaga" back they just want their past and memories back. When people talk about the "old Gaga" being better they're connecting the era to when they were happiest, same will happen in 5 years with ARTPOP :)

I was going to say this because it is true a lot of the time, but not all the time. People always hold nostalgia for the albums that came out in their high school years or whenever, but sometimes an era just is weaker than the others and it's that simple. I don't think in 10 years people are going to decide ARTPOP was actually better than her first 3 eras, if anything it'll be even more overshadowed by then because presumably her future eras will be better as well.

PinkBalloons

It's the majority who think old Gaga was the best. I'm all for evolution of the artist, but at least do it in a captivating manner and let the art speak for itself.

Archived