Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Fans Petition Nintendo for a Robin WIlliams "Zelda" character

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Since the great Robin Williams passed away last Monday, fans have been grieving over his death. Now, they are petitioning Nintendo to honour the Zelda enthusiast by naming a NPC after him in the upcoming Zelda game for Wii U.

Robin was a fan of the series since it began, even naming his daughter after Princess Zelda. So, it is no surprise that fans want Nintendo to name an existing character after him (in the English version of the game). The organiser of the petition said the following:

"All I suggested was that the localisation staff, when the game hits their desks, could consider naming an existing character "Robin". I don't think it fair to expect him to be the "King of Hyrule", nor do I think Mr Williams would have wanted that. In my mind, all I pictured was a humble villager on a hilltop somewhere, with a few goats and a nice view. Not an incarnation of the man, but a tribute to him."  Nick Schaedel, Petition Organiser

Whether Nintendo will actually honour the petition and rename a character in the game is uncertain. The actor and his daughter did in fact perform in several recent Zelda ads for Nintendo, so they may very well make this one little gesture in return. This is not the only video game fanbase Williams was part of during his life. World Of Warcraft fans also petitioned Blizzard Games, who will be commemorating the star by adding a NPC character of him to the game.

Rest in peace, Robin Williams.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/fans-petition-nintendo-to-name-zelda-npc-after-robin-williams#.U-1s-vldWSq

It's really sweet and I hope it gets noticed

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Computer

Well he apparently named his daughter after the game, so I'm sure the game could name one little character after him.

I never realized he was such a fan. Twilight Princess holds a special place in my heart. I think this would be a great tribute, especially in the simple way the petition organzer described it.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

lavenderblondee

I hope this becomes a thing. It'd be a wonderful and sweet gesture on Nintendos end. :hug:

Redstreak

im not trying to be disrespectful to robin williams or his family but this is ridiculous

How? Him and his daughter were huge fans of the series. Doing promo spots for the games all the time, even naming his daughter after the series. It seems like a sweet gesture imo :fat:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Princess Die

It's on Zelda Wiki, Zeldapedia, and Zelda Universe. Hopefully someone sees it. :)

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

AyaKara

im not trying to be disrespectful to robin williams or his family but this is ridiculous

He and his daughter have been a part of Nintendo's commercials, tournaments, and other promotional material for years. They are also special guests at all of Nintendo's orchestrated Zelda symphonies consistently. Why not?

AyaKara

I'm sorry if you interpreted me that way; that wasn't my intent. I'm not even a fan of Robin Williams or anything like that. I'm speaking from the point of view from Nintendo.I completely understand your point and somewhat agree. That's why I said 'why not?' rather than 'omg they have to do it or else they're so disrespectful omg'.

Archived