Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj is the new female MJ

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Miranda Sings

I don't get what is so special about him though other than he dissolved musical ties between urban black people and rock-loving white people (according to my American Popular Music class).

He was a cultural phenomenon. He revolutionized music videos and paved the way for modern pop music. Countless artists today are influenced by him. He's the third best selling artist of all time, only beaten by The Beatles and Elvis. His nearly 50 year career changed the music industry. That's what's special about him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

He was a cultural phenomenon. He revolutionized music videos and paved the way for modern pop music. Countless artists today are influenced by him. He's the third best selling artist of all time, only beaten by The Beatles and Elvis. His nearly 50 year career changed the music industry. That's what's special about him.

Vernier

What a pointless stat :rip: But good for her fans, it probably means something to them

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Prometheus

I know, but what did he do to cause those things to come about. You could call Katy Perry an icon easily for all the awards she has received and airtime/downloads, but is she truly an artist? I like Katy and I hate to use her as an example because it has been done to the pits of hell, but... :shrug:

51 entries, makes it even more tragic she doesn't have a #1 yet.

you don;t need a #1 to be famous and succesfull

bad romance was 32 it;s all about impact and starships and super bass were worldwide hits and they had impact 

I know, but what did he do to cause those things to come about. You could call Katy Perry an icon easily for all the awards she has received and airtime/downloads, but is she truly an artist? I like Katy and I hate to use her as an example because it has been done to the pits of hell, but... :shrug:

:lmao: he's iconic he had impact 

katy is not iconic she doesn;t have an impact and she is not comparable to mj

katyperry2

She has FIFTY ONE singles? 

I don't think so. they're probably including singles that she is featured on, like "Dance (A$$) (Feat. Nicki Minaj)"

Miranda Sings

Michael worked meticulously on every project he created. He was a perfectionist, and he made sure he fully believed in everything he created. That's what makes him an artist. He was such a success because he had an ear for what people wanted. He was a true entertainer. He created music for everybody, and subsequently broke down social barriers. His influence on society makes him an icon. I wouldn't call Katy an icon until we see her total impact on society. The fact of the matter is that Michael Jackson began his career 50 years ago and we're still talking about him. His music is still played. His work is referenced and influences countless projects today. He's an icon.

Prometheus

Michael worked meticulously on every project he created. He was a perfectionist, and he made sure he fully believed in everything he created. That's what makes him an artist. He was such a success because he had an ear for what people wanted. He was a true entertainer. He created music for everybody, and subsequently broke down social barriers. His influence on society makes him an icon. I wouldn't call Katy an icon until we see her total impact on society. The fact of the matter is that Michael Jackson began his career 50 years ago and we're still talking about him. His music is still played. His work is referenced and influences countless projects today. He's an icon.

Now THAT is how you defend a point. :yes:

Miranda Sings

Now THAT is how you defend a point. :yes:

Prometheus

Oh no it's good! I just hate when people are like "he's MJ!" And I'm like "okay nice point?" You really defended him. :yes:

Cruelty

Not being funny, but if she's had 51 chart hits why do I only know about 2 of them? No, hang on, I know 1

KrisFromMars

This needs to stop. There will never be a female MJ. He was a one of a million type of guy. And the shade at Michael when you compare him to Kathy & Nikita is just. :awkney:

Archived